• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying but for the price of these boots, and the premium you pay for the Viberg name, that’s an unacceptable defect. You can’t just be satisfied with a crappy boot just because it happens to be a Viberg Shell..

I’m all for enjoying your boots and letting little things slide, but that crease/wrinkle isn’t little IMO..

No, that's not what I'm saying. Return away. But manufacturing errors are going to be a perpetual issue of dealing with shell. Upsetbros get triggered when boots aren't perfect and they post macro pics of a wrinkle, hanging thread, ding, or scratch. It happens like clockwork. IDK, does anyone like WEARING boots anymore, you know?

orionz06

Reaction score
Need some sizing advice. I wear an 11(US) in athletic shoe, 10.5 C AE boots(511 last) and 10.5 in both a Barrie and Trubalance (Alden) last. I ordered a 2030 in 10.5 that was way too big. Heel slippage and had over 1/2 inch at the front of the boot. I had to eat the shipping cost and only want to give this one more shot before wasting too much money on returning the boots

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should I try a 10 or even move to a 9.5? I am concerned that a 9.5 might move the arch to far back on my foot, but this might be a none issue.

10.5 Brannock, ball of foot is at 11. I wear 10 in 2030 and Alden Barrie/Grant. A little room in front is OK, I'd be most concerned with the ball of the foot. For me I get foot slippage like crazy for a day or two. You might also try a thin leather insole too, they help me take up volume as my foot swims in some lasts.

Dpr422

Reaction score
I have another question- which of these boots is darker: Natural CXL, Natural Waxed Flesh or Crust CXL? Any advice on these boots? I am sure they are all awesome, but hoping to find a color that can cross between casual and business casual.
I really liked the Horsehide Crust, but my size is not available. I am hoping to find something similar to that boot, but not as dark as the Kudu or Vintage or Brown CXL. I will say that the Kudu looks really nice, but the pictures online appear misleading.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
I have another question- which of these boots is darker: Natural CXL, Natural Waxed Flesh or Crust CXL? Any advice on these boots? I am sure they are all awesome, but hoping to find a color that can cross between casual and business casual.
I really liked the Horsehide Crust, but my size is not available. I am hoping to find something similar to that boot, but not as dark as the Kudu or Vintage or Brown CXL. I will say that the Kudu looks really nice, but the pictures online appear misleading.

Crust and natty cxl will be light, but will def darken with use. I think natty flesh will last lighter longer

Dpr422

Reaction score
Very nice! Did you get these as part of a special order through them? I noticed the Commando soles too.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Did you get these as part of a special order through them? I noticed the Commando soles too.

Yup this was through the GMTO they did over at r/goodyearwelt. I’m really happy with them. No flaws from what I can tell. The tongue is made with a different leather but very similar in color to the waxed flesh.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brown waxed flesh service boots from Brooklyn Clothing arrived this past Thursday just in time for the small snowfall we had here in Southeast Pennsylvania. https://imgur.com/a/92tvU

Love it. My mocha oil roughout are almost ready for a resole and I'm considering replacing the dainite with commando. I was worried the commando would be a bit much, but yours looks great on the 2030. Mine are a bit beefier on the 2040 so I'm sure commando will look fine.

sirsigsalot

Reaction score
Olive Reindeer are pretty sweet actually...makes me really want a GYW in my rotation soon. A little out there, but dig it.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should be at my door in an hr or two!
Got mine in a few hours ago. Unpacked to have a look but no time for photos.

The outer quarter on my left boot was made with a really jacked up piece of leather but other than that they're beautiful.

New boxes too, at least for me. Haven't bought a pair in a long time

turdburglar

Reaction score
Got mine in a few hours ago. Unpacked to have a look but no time for photos.

The outer quarter on my left boot was made with a really jacked up piece of leather but other than that they're beautiful.

New boxes too, at least for me. Haven't bought a pair in a long time

Will wait for your photo for that.. no problem wearing it as is?

Similar to you, I have an old ass box from Viberg from my Color 8 CXLs I got in 2015.. just a brown one piece shoe box with their logo right? lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics