• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gooner

Reaction score

Meanwhile Canada Post has no record of mine ever shipping and Viberg has yet to respond to my email inquiry...
Mine missed the estimated delivery date so you are not alone in not getting them.

andrewp75

Reaction score
I like the coffee look in the pics more than I thought I would...good thing I got the mahogany shell and the context horse butt...just kidding, missed all three. Whoever is the quickest 12pm PST Bigfoot size 13 out there,. congrats! (of course, with the context, I didn't realize how cool I think they are until it was too late.)

Guess Ill have to wait for the next cool make up, or maybe look at the Truman or Rider boots a bit more. Any other brands (Carmina for dress, Alden for in between, etc) that people like out there?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the coffee look in the pics more than I thought I would...good thing I got the mahogany shell and the context horse butt...just kidding, missed all three. Whoever is the quickest 12pm PST Bigfoot size 13 out there,. congrats! (of course, with the context, I didn't realize how cool I think they are until it was too late.)

Guess Ill have to wait for the next cool make up, or maybe look at the Truman or Rider boots a bit more. Any other brands (Carmina for dress, Alden for in between, etc) that people like out there?
For the Shell there was no limit on size so if you have someone with buyers remorse they can submit your size to Viberg. I think the Coffee Chromepack and Horse Butt are two awesome makeups however with the Aged Bark SF GMTO Chukka on order plus an array of other boots already - it is just another brown that I dont need at the moment.

I have a Truman on order and own a bunch of Alden's, Allen Edmonds and a few others. Alden can fill the niche' really well for dress and casual boots...they make an array of styles and lasts so spending time looking at as many as possible is key before rushing in with a purchase.

CWJr

Reaction score
I contacted the folks at Context and was told that the horse butt consists of 3 layers and that shell cordovan has 2 layers removed to expose the shell membrane. The leather they're using supposedly has all three layers intact.

Aviv

Reaction score
I contacted the folks at Context and was told that the horse butt consists of 3 layers and that shell cordovan has 2 layers removed to expose the shell membrane. The leather they're using supposedly has all three layers intact.

That's ******* interesting, man.

Last edited:

od1017

Reaction score
So in theory, if you remove the top layer of this material, you would get the "shell cordovan" layer as we know it (but only treated differently and more similar to CXL)? This is indeed VERY interesting!

Aviv

Reaction score
So in theory, if you remove the top layer of this material, you would get the "shell cordovan" layer as we know it (but only treated differently and more similar to CXL)? This is indeed VERY interesting!

I bet this leads to a more durable leather. Notice that it doesn't have a lining as opposed to Viberg's shell offerings. In any case it is clearly thicker.

Obviously shell is shell and people love the shine and the look, but this Context boot sure seems like something special. It was also a total sleeper and sort of crept up out of nowhere. I have a feeling it will patina beautifully too...

loanshark

Reaction score
I just couldn't pass on the COntext boots. I guess I'll be returning the coffee service boots to .com as soon as they arrive.

Aviv

Reaction score
I just couldn't pass on the COntext boots. I guess I'll be returning the coffee service boots to .com as soon as they arrive.

Definitely the right choice
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I keep looking at the aged bark and the context boot next to each other on my screen and trying to see enough difference to pull the trigger on the context...lol

Last edited:

Aviv

Reaction score
I keep looking at the aged bark and the context boot next to each other on my screen and trying to see enough difference to pull the trigger on the context...lol

One is horse and a much more unique, durable leather???

loanshark

Reaction score
My coffee chromepack in size 10 are scheduled for delivery Monday. That size appears to be sold out on .com so if anyone here wants them I will pass them on at my cost. PM if interested or they'll probably go back in the mail early this week.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My coffee chromepack in size 10 are scheduled for delivery Monday.  That size appears to be sold out on .com so if anyone here wants them I will pass them on at my cost.  PM if interested or they'll probably go back in the mail early this week.

maybe you should wait till you see the chromepak. I was planning on selling or returning them as well, but that was before I held them in hand. The leather is quite interesting in person. I may unload some other stuff instead and hold on to these.

od1017

Reaction score
I bet this leads to a more durable leather. Notice that it doesn't have a lining as opposed to Viberg's shell offerings. In any case it is clearly thicker.

Obviously shell is shell and people love the shine and the look, but this Context boot sure seems like something special. It was also a total sleeper and sort of crept up out of nowhere. I have a feeling it will patina beautifully too...
The old black shell service boots I have also does not have lining. I much prefer that old style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads