• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those Half Japanese linafelt, how does sizing compare to your Bounty Hunters. My 7.5 D BHs fit perfect - any suggestions for Viberg's 110 last?

I can't actually say for sure, but I can tell you my history and what I hope the case will be:

So, I measure a 10D on the Brannock and have tended in the past to wear off the shelf 10s (for better or worse). Several years ago I got from Viberg some two pairs of seconds, both 310, one 9 and one 10. The 9 was clearly too small, and the 10 slightly too long, but not wide at all. I tried for a 9.5 on the 2045 but the model was sold out in that size so they said try a 10, which I did. It was only slightly long, but actually a bit tight in the toebox. Send that back for a 10 on the 110, since they said that would give me the extra width in the toebox. But the 110 was too big all around.

So, I am hoping that 9.5 in the 110 will be my Viberg sweet spot. My White's Bounty Hunters are 9.5EE, and are probably too big, but with an insole they work pretty well. My best guess is that Viberg 9.5 on the 110 (a wide last) is about a White's 9.5E on the Semi-dress last.

EDIT: So, sorry, I would guess that your 7.5D in White's might go either 7.5 or perhaps a 7 on the 110 -- but these things are tricky!

Last edited:

Kissmyanthia

Reaction score
I can't actually say for sure, but I can tell you my history and what I hope the case will be:

So, I measure a 10D on the Brannock and have tended in the past to wear off the shelf 10s (for better or worse). Several years ago I got from Viberg some two pairs of seconds, both 310, one 9 and one 10. The 9 was clearly too small, and the 10 slightly too long, but not wide at all. I tried for a 9.5 on the 2045 but the model was sold out in that size so they said try a 10, which I did. It was only slightly long, but actually a bit tight in the toebox. Send that back for a 10 on the 110, since they said that would give me the extra width in the toebox. But the 110 was too big all around.

So, I am hoping that 9.5 in the 110 will be my Viberg sweet spot. My White's Bounty Hunters are 9.5EE, and are probably too big, but with an insole they work pretty well. My best guess is that Viberg 9.5 on the 110 (a wide last) is about a White's 9.5E on the Semi-dress last.

EDIT: So, sorry, I would guess that your 7.5D in White's might go either 7.5 or perhaps a 7 on the 110 -- but these things are tricky!
Thanks for your detailed description...you definitely helped me get the right size for my BH's!

Agreed, 7.5 or 7 sounds about right based on your information....at $750 a try I'm not sure I'll be getting in on this one unless I get a chance to try something in that 110 last or if Viberg will be accepting returns on these shoes.

Half Japanese is a pretty awesome design though - seems worth the money if I can get the size right.

Thanks again!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your detailed description...you definitely helped me get the right size for my BH's!

Agreed, 7.5 or 7 sounds about right based on your information....at $750 a try I'm not sure I'll be getting in on this one unless I get a chance to try something in that 110 last or if Viberg will be accepting returns on these shoes.

Half Japanese is a pretty awesome design though - seems worth the money if I can get the size right.

Thanks again!

Yeah, it's a great shoe. I am willing to take a bit of a chance on the fit, but it's an expensive chance for sure. The question for you is whether the extra width of the 110 is worth half a size down from the true D width of a White's bounty hunter. I am thinking it probably is... that is, that size 7 in a 110 would be comparable to a 7.5D on the SD last. But it'd be nice if someone else here has a direct same-size comparison between Viberg's 110 and White's SD... Maybe @meso ?

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a great shoe. I am willing to take a bit of a chance on the fit, but it's an expensive chance for sure. The question for you is whether the extra width of the 110 is worth half a size down from the true D width of a White's bounty hunter. I am thinking it probably is... that is, that size 7 in a 110 would be comparable to a 7.5D on the SD last. But it'd be nice if someone else here has a direct same-size comparison between Viberg's 110 and White's SD... Maybe @meso ?

I'm a Brannock 10.5D. I cannot imagine a more perfect 10.5D than myself. When it comes to White's, I'm a 10 and in Viberg, I'm a 9.5.

I'm a 9.5 in Viberg across the board. The width of the 110 may be a bit wider, but the length is the length. I can wear a 9 in the 110, but my toe is touching the tip of the the boot. It's not uncomfortable because the extra width at least gives you a little wiggle room. But the length is not ideal and I always stay with a 9.5 on the 110, just as I would any other Viberg last. The only caveat to this is the 2030, which is so narrow at the toe, I could almost size up a half size. But then I'd probably slip at the heel. I think the 2030 just isn't the best last for my average foot. Other than that, my advice is to stay with the same size in the 110 as you would the other lasts. If you find it's too "roomy", then put an insole in there. But better to be a tiny bit roomy than a tiny bit tight I always say.

Hope this is helpful.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a 13E brannock...

My 2030's all are good fit's at Viberg size 12 they start out a little tight but after a few wears fit great......for the 110 shoe I am considering going to a 11.5 based on what people have posted...I am not a fan of shoes or boots being to long...I know a 12 on the 110 will fit but my concern is a loose heel and sloppy fit...these are not going to be worn with boot socks so that is out.

Anyone with a well worn 2030 service boot and a 110 have any advice?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks again!

Sadly no returns on a GMTO but I'm sure you wouldn't have a hard time recouping your costs to someone who missed out in the first place. Just take a look at how many folks post "want to buy" posts when the GMTO's come in.

benjaminroy

Reaction score
I'm a Brannock 10.5D. I cannot imagine a more perfect 10.5D than myself. When it comes to White's, I'm a 10 and in Viberg, I'm a 9.5.

I'm a 9.5 in Viberg across the board. The width of the 110 may be a bit wider, but the length is the length. I can wear a 9 in the 110, but my toe is touching the tip of the the boot. It's not uncomfortable because the extra width at least gives you a little wiggle room. But the length is not ideal and I always stay with a 9.5 on the 110, just as I would any other Viberg last. The only caveat to this is the 2030, which is so narrow at the toe, I could almost size up a half size. But then I'd probably slip at the heel. I think the 2030 just isn't the best last for my average foot. Other than that, my advice is to stay with the same size in the 110 as you would the other lasts. If you find it's too "roomy", then put an insole in there. But better to be a tiny bit roomy than a tiny bit tight I always say.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks. This is why I'm thinking my ideal Viberg size is a 7. I'm pretty much a perfect Brannock 8D but, feet.

Kissmyanthia

Reaction score

Yeah, it's a great shoe.  I am willing to take a bit of a chance on the fit, but it's an expensive chance for sure.  The question for you is whether the extra width of the 110 is worth half a size down from the true D width of a White's bounty hunter.  I am thinking it probably is... that is, that size 7 in a 110 would be comparable to a 7.5D on the SD last.  But it'd be nice if someone else here has a direct same-size comparison between Viberg's 110 and White's SD...  Maybe @meso
?

Well, based on what you and some others have posted - 1/2 size smaller than Bounty Hunters seem to be the size, so 7 in my case. Thanks for all the input...gonna think it over, I've got a week or so to make my decision.

benjaminroy

Reaction score
I am a solid 8D Brannock and Viberg 7 in the 2030. I've spent some time with the 7.5 in the 2030 and although comfortable, it's too roomy in the toebox and also had some heel slip.

Thanks.

Was it really snug when you first got it? I guess what's throwing me off is just how snug my 7.5 1035 and 2045 were the first two wears. I could've sworn they were too small. They went from too small > perfect > heel slip in like ~10 wears. :-/

jorgerunfast

Reaction score
I hate to beat the dead horse here, but it's just the more I research, the more conflicted I am about sizing.

The caveat is that I don't own any boots - I live in a warm climate. I wear mostly loafers, and some oxfords.

My foot is on the narrow side of average, but it's pretty close to average width.

I have a couple pairs of Carmina loafers in the Uetam last that are sized UK10, and fit very well.

I have a pair of Alden Leisure loafers in size 10.5 in the Copley last.

A pair of Allen Edmonds Strands in 11

Lastly, I have two pairs of Quoddy Penny Loafers in size 10.5 that fit very nicely.

I wear all of the above with very thin socks / no-show socks, and they all fit great after a little break-in period.

Because I live in the aforementioned warm climate, I don't want a pair that run slightly large, and require thick socks, as that isn't an option for me.

I'm looking at a pair of Viberg's on the 2030 last, made of calf skin.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jorgerunfast I would say size the Viberg the same as your strands, that is what I do for the 2030...my concern is that you seem to go smaller in other makers sizes and size 12 is the smallest I take in any shoes, sneakers and boots...most of my Allen Edmonds are size 13...with the 65 last being size 12.

if I was going to suggest a size for you it would be 10.5 in the 2030

Last edited:

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Was it really snug when you first got it? I guess what's throwing me off is just how snug my 7.5 1035 and 2045 were the first two wears. I could've sworn they were too small. They went from too small > perfect > heel slip in like ~10 wears. :-/
Yes, definitely snug but not restrictive. I initially leaned towards the 7.5, but when you factor in that CXL stretches the 7s are fine. Caveat is that I'm still a new owner. The previous rounds I returned simply because I didn't like the boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads