• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
Could we get it in the 2030 last? I'm not interested in getting a derby with a more "rounded" toe -- I really like the 2030 fit and aesthetic wise. What sort of sole are we thinking?

Aviv

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the latigo leather? These look amazing but I'm curious to know about the leather itself. I have no experience with it. These are over on superdenim.

jp2k1

Reaction score
I think the 1035 is a balanced version of the lasts. Similiar width as 2030 but rounded toe area.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
I would really like a dainite sole on the derby

I was thinking this too, I just didn't know what other soles people were thinking. Soooo derby in natural CXL, on the 2030 last, with a dainite sole? @Michael Haines what you think?

tylernim

Reaction score
I was thinking this too, I just didn't know what other soles people were thinking. Soooo derby in natural CXL, on the 2030 last, with a dainite sole? @Michael Haines what you think?

Having just bought the 2030 Brown Service boots I was kind of hoping for a different last. I'm not at all opposed to dainite, but I wouldn't want a contrasting midsole.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's supposed to be a production shoe according to Guy. Why pay the premium for MTO?
There is actually no premium. It's retail. The only difference is that we include worldwide shipping, which is actually cheaper for anyone not located in Canada. Our derby will probably use a Dainite sole which, IIRC, is not planned for the Viberg site.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is actually no premium. It's retail. The only difference is that we include worldwide shipping, which is actually cheaper for anyone not located in Canada. Our derby will probably use a Dainite sole which, IIRC, is not planned for the Viberg site.

What will the cost be on the derby?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sahbryant

Reaction score
for the derby may I suggest blind eyelets - cleaner look IMO and works well for business casual environments

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads