• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sononchalant

Reaction score
Happy St Patty’s day 01E8C3B7-C0DB-4B44-8DF7-6729FBE608E0.jpeg

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when they gave in (or realized the error) and dropped the price on these?

Also, cool to see a 2020 service boot again.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when they gave in (or realized the error) and dropped the price on these?

Also, cool to see a 2020 service boot again.

I saw the change on the 15th

star656

Reaction score
Will Viberg allow an exchange (for sizing comfort) from one last to another? Eg. Order 2030 last for first time, don't like fit, exchange for different boot in 1035 (known last)?

Do unlined boots with cap toes have stitching inside the upper where the cap toe is attached or sewn? Obviously on a fully lined boot this would get covered up. I have had some issues on lesser stitchdown boots where the exposed stitching ends up rubbing against sides of toes and is uncomfortable.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will Viberg allow an exchange (for sizing comfort) from one last to another? Eg. Order 2030 last for first time, don't like fit, exchange for different boot in 1035 (known last)?

Do unlined boots with cap toes have stitching inside the upper where the cap toe is attached or sewn? Obviously on a fully lined boot this would get covered up. I have had some issues on lesser stitchdown boots where the exposed stitching ends up rubbing against sides of toes and is uncomfortable.
Proper stitchdown boots always have a lined vamp as its a necessary part of the construction. For viberg unlined just means the shaft essentially.

Afaik as long as the boot is eligible for a return you can either exchange it for credit or for any other in stock boot.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

Now showing as $1342 CDN for me...$270 CDN less than the price I first saw.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new (to me) pair I was able to manifest from the depths of reddit: unglazed natty shell derby boot

View attachment 1924011
Nice pair. I still regret selling my unglazed pair even though I have a glazed natural pair. Did not realize then that the two patina very different and I really loved the plain toe on those..

adrs1157

Reaction score
Welp, I just landed a new job and apparently my Viberg work boots are noncompliant. Going to be listing them soon.
Thought you guys might appreciate some viberg workboot pics.

Specs:
- 8 oz water resistant black full grain oil tanned leather upper
- Double leather vamp
- 10 iron leather insole attached with rust & rot resistant brass tacks
- 10 iron leather counter that conforms to your heel cup
- Treated hardwood arch supporting shank
solid brass speed hooks and eyelets
- 11 iron midsole with Nuron slipsole
- Vibram #100 lug sole & matching Vibram lug rubber heel on leather base
- CSA Grade 1 certification with grade 1 steel cap

Fitting comments and mini review:

I am 9.5E brannock and these are 9EE. Perfect fit. They have defined arch support (feel a lot like 2020 last, but with more instep and toe room) but feel very solid underfoot. I was worried about breaking these in, but thankfully the uppers had enough give. The heel cup and insole felt great right off the bat. These must be worn with an insert, as there is no sock liner or heel pad. I didn't feel the steel toe at all - it's well isolated. Very heavy, but had no problems wearing them all day, on my feet 8 hours.

I have not had a better fitting pair of workboots. Usually my work boots need special inserts to make them wearable.

I would pick up two more of these in a heartbeat if viberg would just make them.

View attachment 1910605
View attachment 1910609
View attachment 1910601
View attachment 1910599
View attachment 1910597
View attachment 1910595
View attachment 1910591
View attachment 1910589
View attachment 1910585
View attachment 1910587

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg Service Boot® 310 BCT - Marrone Washed Kangaroo – 10 ½

Viberg 310.jpg

Until this point the 2030 was for the most part the only Last that really appealed to me from Viberg with the exception of their Hiking Boots possibly one day. In fact I would say the 310 Last may have been the last Last I would have ever considered purchasing. What can I say, tastes change, besides the fact the leather on these just caught my eye. Anyway I'm actually surprised how good these fit me. A bit of room in the toe box but other than that a good snug fit when sizing down an entire size as recommended. The leather also makes these boots pretty light as well, so they most certainly be in contrast to the Viberg in 2030 I own and the Whites and Nicks boots as well. There are just some occasions when never doesn't always mean never. I like them, and for me it fills a void in my collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads