• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep reading these are lasted or cut much larger than a service boot of the same size. How does this compare to similar sized service boots in 1035 E last?

There is a pair on grailed I've been eyeballing in my size.
Fits pretty much the same to me tbh

star656

Reaction score
Fits pretty much the same to me tbh
One more stupid question. How does the black roughout look after heavy wear? Does it develop a lighter appearance? Or pretty much the same as any roughout - minimal care required and it looks like a dirty version of the original with a bunch of creases?

I am very familiar with tan and coyote roughout (wear cemented boots with this every day) and they just get slightly dirty looking, but the black is very intriguing and different.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more stupid question. How does the black roughout look after heavy wear? Does it develop a lighter appearance? Or pretty much the same as any roughout - minimal care required and it looks like a dirty version of the original with a bunch of creases?

I am very familiar with tan and coyote roughout (wear cemented boots with this every day) and they just get slightly dirty looking, but the black is very intriguing and different.
Ah, I thought these were another pair at first. I found the instep more roomy than other 1035 but that's about it. I traded these to @Turns31 and he seemed to think they felt much bigger, but that wasn't my experience.

As far as the leather it's charcoal chamois which is heavily oiled so doesn't change too too much with wear and can be touched up with neatsfoot oil to bring back that rich deep black color

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Waiting on these 2011 Viberg x Manufactum Unlined Black Stichdown black shell 1940 model 2030s from Vietnam.

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_040545_888.jpg
    IMG_20230208_040545_888.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20230207_135753_692.jpg
    IMG_20230207_135753_692.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 86

BlueSteel

Reaction score
PSA...Bluebuttonshop has 5 Viberg offerings at 20% off with additional 15% off - until end of Feb 8th - with code EX15.

(Had a pair in my cart...decided they were soooo similar to a pair of Vibergs I already own...so now one of you guys can have 'em instead!)

ACepero

Reaction score
PSA...Bluebuttonshop has 5 Viberg offerings at 20% off with additional 15% off - until end of Feb 8th - with code EX15.

(Had a pair in my cart...decided they were soooo similar to a pair of Vibergs I already own...so now one of you guys can have 'em instead!)
Just snagged the Bruciato's. I don't see too many of those.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, those Blue Button Shop olive chromepack and the taupe are D width.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep reading these are lasted or cut much larger than a service boot of the same size. How does this compare to similar sized service boots in 1035 E last?

There is a pair on grailed I've been eyeballing in my size.
They're higher volume due to the pattern. Especially the stitchdown ones. A gyw pair may fit closer to a stitchdown 1035 SB.

star656

Reaction score
Quick question: why are mushroom chamois makeups so expensive even used pairs?
I think it was a very popular rough out color and then one of the newer runs had a much lighter color? Withered fig suggested darkening with neatsfoot oil if you were looking for the darker run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads