• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get lasted trees? Kinda nervous about how they’ll fit with no springs.
Because Viberg or you just aren't familiar with lasted trees? I'd say the majority of my lasted trees do not have springs, they are hinged or 3-piece

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because Viberg or you just aren't familiar with lasted trees? I'd say the majority of my lasted trees do not have springs, they are hinged or 3-piece
The only lasted trees I have (Vass) have springs. Three-piece wouldn’t worry me, but with hinged, there’s no adjustment. And this is Viberg’s first go at it. And it’s Viberg.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only lasted trees I have (Vass) have springs. Three-piece wouldn’t worry me, but with hinged, there’s no adjustment. And this is Viberg’s first go at it. And it’s Viberg.
Interesting my Vass are 3-piece, all my StC are hinged but I get it, Viberg gonna Viberg 🤣

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Kudu wholecuts on Lactae Hevea

0939F00F-EE74-4643-8FD5-17F664803D47.jpeg

9EE9028E-F6C2-4DE3-A2E3-482C40287A66.jpeg

star656

Reaction score
Howdy all, I have posted recently and after numerous sizing questions to various individuals and what not - I realized I probably might be too wide and too short HTB for vibergs.

I couldn't take it anymore so I just up an ordered the Zulu kudu in 1035 (E) size 6.5. The makeup was exactly what I desired, dark easy to maintain leather with darkened dressing and ridgeway sole.

These feel - out of the box - fantastic on my feet. Length is great, space in the front (height and width) are good, but with just the right snugness. The heel cup is super deep and I'm able to lace insanely snug around my small ankles. The instep provides enough room for my protrusive saddle bone. Very very happy. I will post pics as being part of the Viberg club in the next couple days. Slight toe cap misalignment does not bother me and there was a slight scuff on the side of one boot, probably due to the venetian bottle being packaged in that same shoe bag.

An EE 1035 might be a hair better since my pinky likes to stretch out, but at the end of the day my pinky is firmly on the floor of the boot (a big big win) and I know this kudu gives a little bit.

1. I plan on beating these suckers up, but I presume a regular old woodlore shoe tree will be fine, no 'stretching' of the length, etc. correct?

2. Any difference between the round and flat laces besides looks?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, I have posted recently and after numerous sizing questions to various individuals and what not - I realized I probably might be too wide and too short HTB for vibergs.

I couldn't take it anymore so I just up an ordered the Zulu kudu in 1035 (E) size 6.5. The makeup was exactly what I desired, dark easy to maintain leather with darkened dressing and ridgeway sole.

These feel - out of the box - fantastic on my feet. Length is great, space in the front (height and width) are good, but with just the right snugness. The heel cup is super deep and I'm able to lace insanely snug around my small ankles. The instep provides enough room for my protrusive saddle bone. Very very happy. I will post pics as being part of the Viberg club in the next couple days. Slight toe cap misalignment does not bother me and there was a slight scuff on the side of one boot, probably due to the venetian bottle being packaged in that same shoe bag.

An EE 1035 might be a hair better since my pinky likes to stretch out, but at the end of the day my pinky is firmly on the floor of the boot (a big big win) and I know this kudu gives a little bit.

1. I plan on beating these suckers up, but I presume a regular old woodlore shoe tree will be fine, no 'stretching' of the length, etc. correct?

2. Any difference between the round and flat laces besides looks?
1. Any correctly sized woodlore shoe tree is okay, just make sure the size is right.

2. Its just aesthetics

Welcome to the berg club!

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting my Vass are 3-piece, all my StC are hinged but I get it, Viberg gonna Viberg 🤣
On the bright side, I’m encouraged to see that both 2020 and 2040 were included. Pretty surprised about 2020 too, considering there are only two 2020 make ups on the site right now.

🤞 for stitchdown 2020 in 2023…

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, I’m encouraged to see that both 2020 and 2040 were included. Pretty surprised about 2020 too, considering there are only two 2020 make ups on the site right now.

🤞 for stitchdown 2020 in 2023…
I love their 2020 last so that would be nice to see

star656

Reaction score
How do you (or anyone with a vitello calf) like the finish? Is it like a normal calf with a matte finish added? Presumably can be shined up pretty well with brushing and a little cream?

Was the DR makeup lined?

Is there any 'softness' to this calf? I love chromexcel on other shoes and boots and recently discovered kudu (on my first vibergs as well as an earlier pair of boots from another maker with waxy kudu). Both those leathers are supple and very comfortable.

Thanks!

sononchalant

Reaction score
How do you (or anyone with a vitello calf) like the finish? Is it like a normal calf with a matte finish added? Presumably can be shined up pretty well with brushing and a little cream?

Was the DR makeup lined?

Is there any 'softness' to this calf? I love chromexcel on other shoes and boots and recently discovered kudu (on my first vibergs as well as an earlier pair of boots from another maker with waxy kudu). Both those leathers are supple and very comfortable.

Thanks!

It’s unlined, soft and I love the matte finish. It’s a nubuck and I’ve read that using conditioners on it will make it shiny. To clean it up while keeping the matte finish I found just wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics