• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

puddin

Reaction score

Halkett on 2030 with brown shell and a leather sole? That’s about as good of a combo as I could ask for. $1544 for Vibergs is a bit too steep for me though. Maybe they’ll make one in calf leather in the future.

orionz06

Reaction score
Halkett on 2030 with brown shell and a leather sole? That’s about as good of a combo as I could ask for. $1544 for Vibergs is a bit too steep for me though. Maybe they’ll make one in calf leather in the future.
Likewise. I've got three pair of Viberg shell boots I've not worn, a pair of Alden shell boots on order, and overall 35+ pairs of good boots, so I've got the scratch for them, but I'm having a hard time reading that price for Vibergs. I feel like I could commission any other company to make that boot on an MTO and wind up at the same price, perhaps without the issues Viberg has been purported to have as of late.

It's just a steep price for them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last is not ideal for me. The price is also meh, but not even that bad considering the disruptions in the global leather supply chain. It's definitely on the rich end of things though. The boots do look excellent though.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likewise. I've got three pair of Viberg shell boots I've not worn, a pair of Alden shell boots on order, and overall 35+ pairs of good boots, so I've got the scratch for them, but I'm having a hard time reading that price for Vibergs. I feel like I could commission any other company to make that boot on an MTO and wind up at the same price, perhaps without the issues Viberg has been purported to have as of late.

It's just a steep price for them.
MTO for stitchdown is fairly limited though. Nicks, maybe Whites.... but outsidoe of the PNW and BC, just not nearly as common, but I take your point.

Skell6009

Reaction score
Impulse bought these...

cd166c.jpeg
cd166f.jpeg
cd166e.jpeg

cd1672.jpeg
cd1673.jpeg

orionz06

Reaction score
MTO for stitchdown is fairly limited though. Nicks, maybe Whites.... but outsidoe of the PNW and BC, just not nearly as common, but I take your point.
I suppose I don't place as much of a premium on stitchdown over GYW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads