• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zachthespook

Reaction score
I'm not saying don't condition, I'm saying they may look dry to someone who doesn't realize they're nubuck.

In any case, I love that leather.
Yeah, I was partly joking. But you can still condition really dry nubuck. Here’s a pair of my nubuck Astorflex desert boots. One conditioned and brushed, and the other not.
461BB384-F9D4-41D4-B561-FB684AC7575A.png

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can hear them all the way from here crying out for moisture
I'll admit they are looking dusty and need a cleaning, but a significant portion is a very fine nap doing its thing. Nonetheless, they're holding up strong, I wore them hard for the first 2 years, but to the touch, they're soft af and supple. I also had just come back from a Japanese whisky bar, so Hibiki and Suntory have conditioned them lol. Fun night, but not so much for my boots.
Who ran these? I have a pair I got secondhand and am curious
This is a .com makeup from 4 or so years ago. Notre did a run of the same article but with black edges and 7 gun metal eyelets.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conditioning your boots would be like conditioning a timberland right @H. E. Pennypacker
So, I've never handled a timberland boot before but looking at pictures, the tan boots seem nappier, but there was a charcoal pair I saw and pretty similar but I imagine the end result would be similar. Another member posted the same pair conditioned and it doesn't look the same. I'd imagine conditioning would be the exact result of conditioning Maryam's port calf, they have a glossy sheen with a very flat texture which looks bad to me.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I've never handled a timberland boot before but looking at pictures, the tan boots seem nappier, but there was a charcoal pair I saw and pretty similar but I imagine the end result would be similar. Another member posted the same pair conditioned and it doesn't look the same. I'd imagine conditioning would be the exact result of conditioning Maryam's port calf, they have a glossy sheen with a very flat texture which looks bad to me.
I understand … myself I’m 1/1 with conditioner. I BARLEY conditioned the saddle tan veg grant stone leather with “viberg shoe cream” and I chalked it up as a win.

I think that leather takes the product I put on it very well.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Testing the waters ….

the most comfortable boot I’ve ever worn in terms of fresh out of the box comfortability. This pair is very different then the taupe HB (that look like natty cxl) … that leather is much more pliable and “stiff or firm” then this black waxed HB. I’m not gonna call the black leather “floppy” but it’s for sure very soft and supple

these are my new favorite boots just because of them being this comfortable lol
2FCCDE47-F8A0-45B3-8459-E6645D0637FF.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Testing the waters ….

the most comfortable boot I’ve ever worn in terms of fresh out of the box comfortability. This pair is very different then the taupe HB (that look like natty cxl) … that leather is much more pliable and “stiff or firm” then this black waxed HB. I’m not gonna call the black leather “floppy” but it’s for sure very soft and supple

these are my new favorite boots just because of them being this comfortable lol View attachment 1806990
How does it feel with the extra width compared to your regular pairs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads