• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RossM

Reaction score
I remember the owner talking about walking through water with them a ton. I'm sure this is just what shell boots with leather toe puffs look like when they're saturated for long periods of time and not cared for. Definitely have an interesting look, I would worry they wouldn't last for very long, but who knows.
Why wouldn't they last?

alpenglowing

Reaction score
1909ECF6-EC32-4184-AFBF-329B5F520CEB.jpeg

I’ve been enjoying this new chukka style a lot since these arrived last week. Compared to the old Viberg chukka, these are much lighter and more comfortable. They’re unstructured and unlined, and the lacing feels more secure as the eyelets are placed further up the quarters. These leather soles are also very flexible - almost as flexible as Alden’s single waterloc soles. I’m a fan.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1795488
I’ve been enjoying this new chukka style a lot since these arrived last week. Compared to the old Viberg chukka, these are much lighter and more comfortable. They’re unstructured and unlined, and the lacing feels more secure as the eyelets are placed further up the quarters. These leather soles are also very flexible - almost as flexible as Alden’s single waterloc soles. I’m a fan.

I like these. Nice pickup

7sport

Reaction score
Got some new (to me) chicago tan latigo derbies in today.

I think I want to add metal eyelets and a have them re-soled onto maybe Vibram 700 or lactae havea.

View attachment 1795631
View attachment 1795632

Not the same shade of leather, but here are some similarly chunky stitchdown derbies with metal eyelets. I think the metal eyelets are more suited to this style derby. I’m partial to leather soles, but I also like your sole choices over the current white ones.
188AE2A1-B1DB-440A-BE11-F07FB3C10DF4.jpeg

7sport

Reaction score
View attachment 1794786
hot today. Taking a break and enjoying a cold beer after some yard work.

edit: can anyone tell me more about these boots? They’re brown waxed flesh 2030 GYW on dianite. I can’t find anything about a Viberg GYW waxed flesh boot. Are these a .com release or a SMU?

View attachment 1794910
post-run patina shot

Just came across a comment by imustbefrank (worked at Viberg) on instagram where he said they made 8 pairs of these waxed flesh GYW boots by mistake and sold them all at a NY sample sale.

Makes sense that I was having trouble finding much info about who’s makeup it was.

sononchalant

Reaction score
Viberg has poo-pooed my resole effort on the derbies for now, but the wedge is starting to grow on me tbh.

But in other news, these 2045 GYW boondockers arrived and I really like them.

20220526_164751.jpg

They're TTS but fit like a stitchdown 1035 size 9. 🤷‍♂️

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics