• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will next weeks be this leather in the 1035 last is that how this thing goes?
sometimes. The SB sunday releases are more based on factory scheduling so sometimes it works out like that and sometimes it doesn't.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When are the shell releases coming out? Or was that schedule they had earlier nixed?
No idea, earlier in the year they were excited about preorders for both shell and non-shell, but its been a while and no releases. I know Horween is incredibly behind on shell releases now as well.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220515_115257.jpg

I'm getting in the last few wears of my boots before I full change over for the summer.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they lower the heel height down a few mm? Looks like a 2.5 stack, I thought it was 3 (for Dainite heels).

PDP_310SB_Oak_4x5_5.jpg

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What makes a shoes price sky rocket just because the listing says “Japan” on it? I will add a example I'm so confused

- I thought these were the case but it doesn’t look like it says they are “made in Japan” after all. Still don’t understand the price.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What makes a shoes price sky rocket just because the listing says “Japan” on it? I will add a example I'm so confused
Most likely because they are located in Japan and that could be a fair price for the Japanese market. Aldens go for a wild amount in Japan.

zachthespook

Reaction score

There’s a niche, Japanese-craftsmanship fetish (really, a Japanese everything fetish) in western circles that a lot of vendors like to take advantage of, so they tack on a premium a lot of the time. Having lived in Japan for 4 years, likewise there’s a similar niche for certain American goods, particularly modern fashion goods that I saw and that my Japanese friends asked if I could procure.

But also, to add onto the exploitation of that Japanese goods fetish, stuff in Japan is just much more expensive, I think due in part to how Japanese income and expenses are structured differently compared to the US or Canada. So basically, it’s the Japanese typical premium +western vendor upcharge. (Blueowl Japanese denim prices come to mind as an example).

BlueSteel

Reaction score
up early

I'm happy to see them putting out new 310 makeups. I really love me some 310! Just made a deal with a forum member and bought these beauties:

Viberg 310.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- I thought these were the case but it doesn’t look like it says they are “made in Japan” after all. Still don’t understand the price.
Almost all the ebay listings for Vibergs from Japan are 3rd party resellers. What they do is they list the pairs and use the pictures from one of a few Japanese domestic auction sites and then they buy the pair and ship it to you. A chunk of change of what you're paying is essentially their fee. Viberg's market presence in Japan is wild as Brett has always wanted them to have a foothold there. There's a lot of old models floating around there and they're often more workboot-y than what is produced today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads