• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aw that's even worse. So basically Shell cordovan boots are like Yamazaki whiskies. Unobtanium.
Only for stitchdown, but there's plenty of GYW options!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa. I was thinking of doing a shoe-boot thing but now…
It is more expensive, but if you're willing to wait I say go for it (unless you were wanting a shell one.) The cost is also going to depend on the makeup too, it won't hurt to get a quote from Peng

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like higher SPI, but they could definitely dial it back some.

I think they hit the sweet spot late 2019/early 2020.
I like the higher SPI aesthetics personally but almost no cobbler can reproduce that as the needles are different too.

nareichert

Reaction score
Hey Mofos, long time no see. I ordered the brown J&FJ in EE after not buying any Vibergs in a few years. I’m not a fan of my Mahogany shell pair I have and been looking for an alternative pair for a while now. These should get a lot more wear.
If those mahog shell are 12s let me know, lol.

wanderlust2000

Reaction score
Enzo Bonafè & I also like Carmina.
If you’re looking for stitchdown…then what @Crizzlelovesyou mentioned.

I didn’t realize Flame Panda was crazy expensive.

Cloe natural shell is now 1450$
Shinki is $900

I have to weigh my flamepandas I have - they are extremely heavy and tanks. My personal opinion is you are getting a Viberg++ in terms of quality and qc.
aesthetic is more similar to Vibergs than your carmina And enzo

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cloe natural shell is now 1450$
Shinki is $900

I have to weigh my flamepandas I have - they are extremely heavy and tanks. My personal opinion is you are getting a Viberg++ in terms of quality and qc.
aesthetic is more similar to Vibergs than your carmina And enzo
Yeah its cheaper if you use non-horween shell, but I would also expand to most ID makers if you want to use non-horween shell. Its that venn diagram of horween shell + stitchdown that's crazy expensive.

wanderlust2000

Reaction score
Yeah its cheaper if you use non-horween shell, but I would also expand to most ID makers if you want to use non-horween shell. Its that venn diagram of horween shell + stitchdown that's crazy expensive.
yeah I wish I could have used horween shell - but FP did not have any horween shells thick enough for an unstructured boondocker. ?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I wish I could have used horween shell - but FP did not have any horween shells thick enough for an unstructured boondocker. ?
Yeah but cloe crust unstructured boondockers sound incredible. I love my cloe crust renavs

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah but cloe crust unstructured boondockers sound incredible.
1643213651201.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads