• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang this is the first time I've felt like I'm missing out not paying for stitchdown. A lot of people list there first/only?
yeah, most members post there before moving on to grailed/ebay, the marketplace is pretty active

RossM

Reaction score
The Mr Porter black calf derby boots were off Reddit GYW; the Color 4 Workshoebutts were off here; the Mocha Shells were off Grailed; and the Boondockers, 145s, and Bobcats were off of the Stitchdown discord. Ebay is good too, but I haven't used it in ages and ages.
You have Bobcats. I think they are a beautiful colour!
Thanks for the info.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How diverse is the Stitchdown Discord, mainly workwear or a good variety of footwear? I’d probably join just for the BST lol
Its slightly, but not much more, diverse than most people would expect I'd say. There's a decent number of us on there from here already; and there's a Viberg channel now because the mods got mad at us overtaking the other channels.... it does lean heavier towards workwear, but there is some dress wear stuff (not much tbh.) There's a lot of engineer boots. Like a lot of them. Its a barely organized mess of menswear, but mostly discord is convenient and easy to use.

I feel weird recommending anyone join something that costs money though honestly. I enjoy it, but its a lot looser vibe than anywhere else.

thewinedown

Reaction score
Its slightly, but not much more, diverse than most people would expect I'd say. There's a decent number of us on there from here already; and there's a Viberg channel now because the mods got mad at us overtaking the other channels.... it does lean heavier towards workwear, but there is some dress wear stuff (not much tbh.) There's a lot of engineer boots. Like a lot of them. Its a barely organized mess of menswear, but mostly discord is convenient and easy to use.

I feel weird recommending anyone join something that costs money though honestly. I enjoy it, but its a lot looser vibe than anywhere else.
I’m there too, but a lot less active than Crizz. Second his comments though.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it r/gyw on workwear steroids? Hahaha.
Or at least more diverse?
I want to join and do listen & enjoy the podcast, but I feel like what I see Ticho & Ben wear is mostly what I’ll see….

not a fan of engineers lol but I like Discord and use it for other hobbies. R/gyw is too rigid for me, so I’m not even subbed on there.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it r/gyw on workwear steroids? Hahaha.
Or at least more diverse?
I want to join and do listen & enjoy the podcast, but I feel like what I see Ticho & Ben wear is mostly what I’ll see….

not a fan of engineers lol but I like Discord and use it for other hobbies. R/gyw is too rigid for me, so I’m not even subbed on there.
Its like.... the opposite of the subreddit because there is no structure and not really any rules besides be somewhat civil I think? Its a lot of chaos tbh. There's a jawnz/fashion channel that hosts everything from Amekaji (spelling?) to loop wheel sweat pants to hardcore military repro to heritage lumberjack to what kinds of collars go with a suit or sport coat.... its chaotic in a fun way. There's a watches channel I don't go in because I refuse to fall for that financial trap. Some off topic channels. Marketplace, discounts, giveaways, leatherworking, and other stuff. But yeah its winter and year 3 of the pandemic/wfh and thats reflected a lot in what people wear.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its like.... the opposite of the subreddit because there is no structure and not really any rules besides be somewhat civil I think? Its a lot of chaos tbh. There's a jawnz/fashion channel that hosts everything from Amekaji (spelling?) to loop wheel sweat pants to hardcore military repro to heritage lumberjack to what kinds of collars go with a suit or sport coat.... its chaotic in a fun way. There's a watches channel I don't go in because I refuse to fall for that financial trap. Some off topic channels. Marketplace, discounts, giveaways, leatherworking, and other stuff. But yeah its winter and year 3 of the pandemic/wfh and thats reflected a lot in what people wear.
Same here about the watches lol.
I might do the monthly option and test the waters.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horsebutt boondockers

K7G2UNd.jpg

Coolhand0302

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics