• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

despaircollectr

Reaction score
D2524631-CECB-4743-9D99-18782E324450.jpeg

Took these babies out in the snow

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220108_220901.jpg

Someone I think here asked for Muschio next to Port1071. Here is port, muschio, comipel, and mocha shell from left to right (or top down.)

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Did Viberg discontinue their special releases (don’t recall exactly what they called them) of mostly shell offerings? They had a Natty Shell boot I’ve been waiting for but I no longer see any mention of it on their site.

Trim Man

Reaction score
Guys,

Did Viberg discontinue their special releases (don’t recall exactly what they called them) of mostly shell offerings? They had a Natty Shell boot I’ve been waiting for but I no longer see any mention of it on their site.
Looks like they haven't taken down the "Countdown" page, but I can't find any way to navigate to it via the website. Also the page doesn't seem to be loading correctly on my phone. Not sure what any of that means. Maybe they're just doing work on the site.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought it was me. I’m sure they’ll get it corrected. Appreciate the response and link @Trim Man. Thanks.
While I don't have an official source, I believe they want to get people to try the 2030 slipper last before they do a shell preorder on it. I know they've gotten a ton of questions about the sizing on it and they did mention that all slippers have been changed to the new last as well.

drentco

Reaction score
Looks like they haven't taken down the "Countdown" page, but I can't find any way to navigate to it via the website. Also the page doesn't seem to be loading correctly on my phone. Not sure what any of that means. Maybe they're just doing work on the site.

It seems like they literally change their website everyday, things show up and then disappear. Judging at how often the special release schedule has changed, it wouldn't surprise me if they just received too many questions surrounding the releases. It is also weird how the site has become even more difficult to navigate lol.

nemononame

Reaction score
I'm interested in the 2030 lasted boots (and shoes) in the extra wide "ee" width. Is there any rhyme or reason regarding which models Viberg does in this width?

Right now the only "ee" width boots I see in my size are 2030 service boots with the "TPR" (aka plastic) finish, which seems like an awful idea (but I"m curious also about how that actually looks in person and wears over time -- hard understand why such an expensive leather/boot would be made with this sort of finish)

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the 2030 lasted boots (and shoes) in the extra wide "ee" width. Is there any rhyme or reason regarding which models Viberg does in these?

Right now the only "ee" width boots I see in my size are 2030 service boots with the "TPR" (aka plastic) finish, which seems like an awful idea (but I"m curious also about how that actually looks in person and wears over time -- hard understand why such an expensive leather/boot would be made with this sort of finish)
1) the D and EE 2030s are brand spanking new so they only were rolled out for service boots to start for stock models as that's Viberg's most popular model. We may get more offerings in other models later, we may not.

2) the TPR coating is a really light coating that just wears off over time. It's Maryam's most popular HB currently. Its not like corrected grain plastic/bookbinder coating if that's what you're thinking. Its thin enough where you can condition it and the boots still patina. It comes off really easily honestly. Its actual purpose is more to allow likely Maryam to double their color offerings as every TPR is a darker version of the base vachetta horsebutt.

JohnL1972

Reaction score
View attachment 1734060
Someone I think here asked for Muschio next to Port1071. Here is port, muschio, comipel, and mocha shell from left to right (or top down.)
Wow….they are all very similar shades of brown. The 1071 and the Muschio are virtually indistinguishable in that lighting. Perhaps in sunlight there is more variation. The TPR really darkens up the Muschio. Last years non-TPR Moss color was much lighter. Awesome boots

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow….they are all very similar shades of brown. The 1071 and the Muschio are virtually indistinguishable in that lighting. Perhaps in sunlight there is more variation. The TPR really darkens up the Muschio. Last years non-TPR Moss color was much lighter. Awesome boots
Yeah 1071 as vachetta is real close to the muschio as TPR; the TPR 1071 is almost black in a lot of lighting! A lot of the darker shades become near black in TPR. I do think I am done buying dark brown boots for a hot minute though.

JohnL1972

Reaction score
Yeah 1071 as vachetta is real close to the muschio as TPR; the TPR 1071 is almost black in a lot of lighting! A lot of the darker shades become near black in TPR. I do think I am done buying dark brown boots for a hot minute though.
Your 1071is the TPR version? I personally don’t like the TPR finish. I understand that it’s thin, but it’s still a plastic resin finish. It also looks like the TPR flakes off from the photos I have seen. I prefer the more traditional finishing method. But, all of that is just my own personal preference. Lol.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
TPR reminds me of that god awful Allen Edmonds "techno horse" **** they tried to sell people a couple years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads