• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if when they made the shift to D, E, EE sizing. They made 2030 E slightly larger than old 2030 and then made 2030 D slightly smaller then old 2030.
That I don't know, my Halketts in 2030 from this season are pointy like they should be
20211028_093449.jpg

This was the best photo I found before I got tired of scrolling through all the kitten pics

I don't know if its specific to service boots, specific to just a few runs, or what

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find my 2021 used cuoios fit the same as my 2019 color 4 workshoe butts.
The only 2030 pair I have thats noticeably different fit wise are the mocha shells.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Its definitely more forgiving. I think they are trying to push more of the .5 down brannock people into the full down. I will say the dublins are way more comfortable out of the box than I thought they would be.

I wonder if when they made the shift to D, E, EE sizing. They made 2030 E slightly larger than old 2030 and then made 2030 D slightly smaller then old 2030.

As I noted in an earlier post with my new 2030 chromepaks, the fit has considerably more volume than any other 2030 I own (2019 and earlier). Enough so that I hope I am not running half a size too big with this purchase.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else notice 2030 last in the forefoot has much more room than even last years 2030?
I’ve noticed a slight variance in room depending on leather and construction but not enough to change how I size.

The comipel horsebutt halketts are snug but the DR black Maryam horsebutt service boots have a decent amount of room while both being the same size and last.

ChadK21

Reaction score
I can chime in on the 2030 sizing. My 2030 crust CXL and Lost & Found Natty CXL makeups are some of the best-fitting boots I own. I got a pair of the Miloh Shop brown waxed flesh in September 2020 and the more recent S&S vintage mocha harness 2030 makeup. Both of those newer 2030 makeups are noticeably bigger than my older 2030 pairs. So much so, that I reached out to different retailers that were selling 1035 makeups to ensure that Viberg didn't change the 1035 sizing too. No one seemed to understand what I was talking about, though. I previously was a size 8 in the 2030, but I'm not even sure what I would be now. I'm probably not going to purchase any 2030s going forward and stick with 1035, 2045, 2040.

I attribute the boots feeling larger to the fact that the quarters are a bit shorter than the older 2030 last makeups, and that makes the vamp appear and feel longer/roomier. But that's just my experience.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have those. They're nice looking boots, but I haven't worn them as much as I thought I would due to the fact that I still don't leave the house much. I've also recently acquired a few other pairs that I reach for more often. What size were you looking for?

On a somewhat related note: one of the pairs I reach for more often (port vitello calf) after a long day of putting up christmas decorations around the house: View attachment 1710531
8.5 for the 310 Unicorn roughouts.

Re the Port Vitellos, I hope DR does another round.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look amazing! Too bad they didn’t do double leather soles with natural edging on them.
Damn, that actually sounds like a great makeup.
Re the Port Vitellos, I hope DR does another round.
I'd email them if you're really interested, they're pretty transparent with stuff in the pipeline. I missed out on their Dehen lined Submariner. I asked if there will be a restock and they informed me, they'll have another production soon.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
I don’t usually regret not having missed makeups so much, but missing the DRD and natty essex really got me in my feelings ? such great makes

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t usually regret not having missed makeups so much, but missing the DRD and natty essex really got me in my feelings ? such great makes
BUT…you didn’t know your actual(?)/real(?)/preferred(?) size at the time, so you still would’ve missed out.

Im sure someone you’ll manage to get a pair. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads