• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Crizzlelovesyou! Looks like I’ll be using newspaper.

Im going to post Viberg’s reply to me this morning (I asked this last week):

“We would also not recommend shoe trees with the 310 as it is a unique shape.

Thanks ______”

-Thomas

Thomas Butcher
Customer Service Lead
viberg.com
Hours: 9-5pm M to F
The benefit of the shoe tree is to absorb a bit of that moisture, but you totally can do the newspaper thing as well

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I am more likely to find a shoe tree than old newspaper.
Exactly!! I was reading along and thinking, “where the hell am I going to find actual newspaper?” ?

But in concept, it makes sense - whenever I put shoe trees in my 310s, they seem so small and insignificant, as if to say, “what the hell am I supposed to do in here??”

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly!! I was reading along and thinking, “where the hell am I going to find actual newspaper?” ?

But in concept, it makes sense - whenever I put shoe trees in my 310s, they seem so small and insignificant, as if to say, “what the hell am I supposed to do in here??”
Am I weird for still getting a newspaper???

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Am I weird for talking about boots on the internet with strangers?
…and am I weirder for reading about strangers on the Internet who still get newspapers, and then taking their advice?

Not sure… but this Sunday’s paper is gonna become my cheapest pair of shoe trees, ever!!

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those on the fence, I have the previous 8 eyelet version. Tough and comfortable leather.

alpenglowing

Reaction score
B7D95C23-21AA-4629-BC4A-B6CD273655DA.jpeg

Aged Bark RO boots today. I have several pairs of boots on the 2030 last, but these are definitely my most spacious - they definitely fit better with thicker socks.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Torn between these and Rowdy Daschund
You and me both. I have two makeups in each of these leathers -- two leathers I love -- and still I'm torn. Both have pull-up galore and show use very quickly, which is nice in a big rotation. The Rowdy makeup is plain toe 1035 (if you're going with the service boot) and the Chromepak is brogue cap toe 2030. Tough choice.

Actually, it's the wholecut Rowdy that really interests me, but so does the Mahogany shell preorder....

In terms of decisiveness, I'm not helping things at all. :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads