• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all - new to this thread. Hoping to get sizing advice for the slipper & 2030.

I am a 12.5C Brannock and wear a 12D in the 55 last (Whites/Nicks).

Viberg Slipper: I would like get a snug fit to wear them sans socks. I have a pair of Mark Albert loafers in size 11 and they fit perfect (w/o socks).

2030 Last: I ordered a pair of service boots 3 years ago in size 12 and returned them because they were too big. If anyone wears Whites or Nicks in the 55 last Id appreciate your sizing advice. I can squeeze into an 11.5D in the 55 last with thin socks but a size 12D is best with my favorite boot socks.
2030 last is probably 11.5E, maaaaaaaaybe 11.5D if available.
Don't own any slippers sorry, also there's a new slipper last they're launching next month to further complicate things....

bootyboy

Reaction score
Saw this in my inbox for this month's Shell Cordovan preorder:
View attachment 1686123

This pics probably aren't doing these Mahogany shells any favors, but can't say I'm intrigued enough to drop whatever they're gonna charge for them. Anyone have any Mahogany shell service boots?
I have the pair from last years run.
1999D045-A5BA-4FA3-8940-54DE95D4E40F.jpeg

This years run looks darkish and I understand that Mahogany has lot of variation across years.

Case in point - also Mahogany c.2007 or 1997
0CC7209C-0E9B-4801-B378-BD3D838EFB84.jpeg

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah that looks almost like a darker end of the bourbon spectrum. I hope they are as dark as the preview picture, although that shade you have is nice.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Implacable

Reaction score
Haven’t read through this entire thread so not sure if it’s been asked/answered: For Viberg 310 owners, are you using shoe trees in your boots? I just got a pair and am unsure if trees will warp or deform my expensive new shoes!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t read through this entire thread so not sure if it’s been asked/answered: For Viberg 310 owners, are you using shoe trees in your boots? I just got a pair and am unsure if trees will warp or deform my expensive new shoes!
They won't deform em. I use non-split toe trees in mine as I'm just trying to prevent any further toespring/curl. Someone else here told me they toss some rolled newspaper in as well and that'd probably work too

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

I like these and I know Chromepak seems to generate a fair amount of interest among Viberg fans. What is about the leather that people seem to like so much?

Question for community - I'm still trying to decide if the 2050 last will work for me. I had a very nice fitting chat with Thomas from Viberg. Due to my E-width, duck shaped feet, he suggested going up half a size from my 2030. I'm worried about some slop in the front end of the Chelsea, since the last is slightly elongated, combined with the rather short toes I'm blessed with. Any of you with solidly E width having success on the 2050?

7sport

Reaction score
It has a really nice pull up. But I think a big part of the interest is in specific colors - olive and coffee.

I’ve got coffee and natural. Leather is nice and thick and durable. I like the colors, as well as the particular makeup of the boots I have. Would like to get an olive pair too. The natural isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I like that it’s a unique color and doesn’t appear that it’ll darken to brown like a lot of other lighter colors.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got coffee and natural. Leather is nice and thick and durable. I like the colors, as well as the particular makeup of the boots I have. Would like to get an olive pair too. The natural isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I like that it’s a unique color and doesn’t appear that it’ll darken to brown like a lot of other lighter colors.
Natural chromepak is underrated in the realm of natural.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

Kind of reminds me of a baseball glove. At least the photos of the current run of Saddle Tan appear darker than from the previous run (2019, 2020?), when it looked more reddish with the orange undertones. Maybe just the lighting.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I like these and I know Chromepak seems to generate a fair amount of interest among Viberg fans. What is about the leather that people seem to like so much?

Question for community - I'm still trying to decide if the 2050 last will work for me. I had a very nice fitting chat with Thomas from Viberg. Due to my E-width, duck shaped feet, he suggested going up half a size from my 2030. I'm worried about some slop in the front end of the Chelsea, since the last is slightly elongated, combined with the rather short toes I'm blessed with. Any of you with solidly E width having success on the 2050?
Pretty sure we have similarly-shaped feet, and I had exactly the same concerns about 2050 prior to my first pair - but .5 up from 2030 worked very well for me, and it’s a great fit without looking too elongated or having much additional room in the toe box at all… first wear went for about 6 hours without any discomfort, and the extra room worked well for me all around…

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eyeballed a pair for the longest time, and once I decided to buy it, my size was gone from everywhere. I almost never see people post about them, but always regret not getting a pair.

Implacable

Reaction score
They won't deform em. I use non-split toe trees in mine as I'm just trying to prevent any further toespring/curl. Someone else here told me they toss some rolled newspaper in as well and that'd probably work too

Thanks for the reply Crizzlelovesyou! Looks like I’ll be using newspaper.

Im going to post Viberg’s reply to me this morning (I asked this last week):

“We would also not recommend shoe trees with the 310 as it is a unique shape.

Thanks ______”

-Thomas

Thomas Butcher
Customer Service Lead
viberg.com
Hours: 9-5pm M to F

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads