• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Slippers for Rancho Relaxo

Vqd3UUt.jpg

SXt1pCS.jpg
Where can I buy these sweats and how they fit compared to other sweats?

CMT1

Reaction score
Where can I buy these sweats and how they fit compared to other sweats?

They are from Momotaro, but I haven't seen them for sale since this time last year:

I picked up both pairs when Corlection was blowing them out at half price and love them. They seem to fit true to the measured sizes as-listed, at least when they were available, and they do not shrink at all with washing/drying.

I can't seem to find a vendor currently stocking them, but Momotaro usually brings stuff like this back after a while.

nareichert

Reaction score
Saw this in my inbox for this month's Shell Cordovan preorder:
View attachment 1686123

This pics probably aren't doing these Mahogany shells any favors, but can't say I'm intrigued enough to drop whatever they're gonna charge for them. Anyone have any Mahogany shell service boots?
I proxied a pair during the Marrkt sale and they were amazing. It’s a great shade for a shell service boot.

seanerin72

Reaction score
Saw that as well in my inbox. I have been waiting for an ideal shell cordovan Viberg (would have pulled the trigger on the coulor 8 shells if not for the blind eyelets) and dig this one. I see that "all sales are final" so I assume that means no returns. My concern is that this would be my first pair of Vibergs, so I am not sure what size would work for me. I wear a 9 in Iron Rangers if that matters. Thoughts?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw that as well in my inbox. I have been waiting for an ideal shell cordovan Viberg (would have pulled the trigger on the coulor 8 shells if not for the blind eyelets) and dig this one. I see that "all sales are final" so I assume that means no returns. My concern is that this would be my first pair of Vibergs, so I am not sure what size would work for me. I wear a 9 in Iron Rangers if that matters. Thoughts?
That's like the worst boot to go off for sizing as people size down 1 from brannock or a half from brannock (I can fit into a full size down on it, but prefer the half down for that Red Wing last myself.) Same thing with Viberg 2030 last. I will say jumping right into a shell Viberg is a bold move for your first pair. I think there's a brief window where they can change the size after you order, but it's tricky. I prefer a 9 in an Iron Ranger and take my 2030 last in an 8.5E (E is standard width for Viberg)

blkxion555

Reaction score
That's like the worst boot to go off for sizing as people size down 1 from brannock or a half from brannock (I can fit into a full size down on it, but prefer the half down for that Red Wing last myself.) Same thing with Viberg 2030 last. I will say jumping right into a shell Viberg is a bold move for your first pair. I think there's a brief window where they can change the size after you order, but it's tricky. I prefer a 9 in an Iron Ranger and take my 2030 last in an 8.5E (E is standard width for Viberg)
Do you mind me asking what your size is in Alden Barrie or Trubalance? Trying to size myself on the 2030 as well and just wanted to see if you have input.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mind me asking what your size is in Alden Barrie or Trubalance? Trying to size myself on the 2030 as well and just wanted to see if you have input.
here's my saved list from reddit for our sizing guide there:

9.5D heel to ball, just a smidge under 9.5D on heel to toe for both feet. Both of my pinky toes stick slightly out, sometimes I say I have splayed toes, but it's really just the pinky toe on each foot likes a bit of room. Average instep and volume. Moderate arches. I normally wear medium weight socks from Darn Tough and Wigwam unless otherwise specified.

Alden 379x (Military Last) 9D: Incredibly comfortable last, toe box is roomy and snug in the waist and heel.

Alden Barrie 9D: Slightly snug, still comfortable.

Alden Plaza 9.5D: My best fitting last, feels like it was made for my foot.

Allen Edmonds 511G 9.5D: Slightly long and a bit too voluminous, was meant to be worn with dress socks, end up wearing it with boot socks to make it fit.

Carmina Simpson 8.5UK: Tried for oxfords but had to return, instep was too low for closed lacing. Could/would work in open lacing probably.

Grant Stone Alexander: 8.5D: So-so fit, a little snugger than I'd like across the top of the foot, but a good fit everywhere else. Worn with very thin dress socks.

Meermin Hiro 8.5E UK: Good fit overall, snug around the ball without being tight and toes are less cramped than I expected with how the last looks. Little bit of heel wiggle room, but they put a roughout strip in mine so no heel slip on my pair. Worn with normal dress socks.

Meermin HOK 8.5E UK: Pretty decent fit with boot socks. Its a smidge roomy, but I don't believe going an extra half down would have worked and I prefer boots to be worn with boot socks.

Meermin Ron 8E UK: Snug in every direction and noticeably narrow, but wearable with very thin dress socks.

Oak Street Bootmakers Elston 9.5D: Only tried them on briefly, seemed like a good fit, but the boots went back for a return.

Parkhurst 18 Last 9D: Hard break in first couple days, overall break in was quick. After break in can wear one weight thinner than my normal boot socks (Chup socks thickness) quite comfortably.

Parkhurst 602 Last 9D: Fit well off the bat, little to no break-in. Still tapered in in waist and heel for a comfortable lock in, but with more room in the toe box and at the ball. Still being worn with same sock thickness as the other Parkhurst last.

Red Wing 8 last 9D: Decent fit at first, fairly comfortable once broken in.

Renav Goods Co A-1 Unstructured 42: Damn good fit, but maxes out at Chup sock thickness. Good arch support, toe box is low, but not too low, and just an all around comfy fit from day 1.

Thursday Vanguard 9.5D: Toe box is a bit tapered for my liking, but overall fit is so-so.

Thursday Dress last 9.5D: Quite narrow, I wear thinner socks with these.

Truman P-79 9D: Good fit, was snug the first day with boot socks and now comfortable with boot socks. I really like the height of the toe box, but I'm hoping to try an unstructured toe for my next pair.

Viberg 2020 8.5D: Pretty snug, cannot wear boot socks in. It is okay with thin socks.

Viberg 2020D 9: A little too roomy, but the 8.5 I can't wear my preferred socks in, and I don't want to wear thin socks with a Viberg boot. Will be trying the 2020E 8.5 when it is eventually released.

Viberg 2030E (circa 2018) 8.5: Bit of a bad break in at first, heel was too wide and caused callouses until the pocket formed. Very comfy now.

Viberg 2030E (current) 8.5: This is the version of the last that Viberg is going with from now on. The waist and heel are more fitted now and overall comfort is improved with a much easier initial break-in.

Viberg 2030E (current) 9: Specifically for the Halketts which have a trimmed waist and slight pattern changes these are okay in a half size up with boot socks. The heel is the most notably roomier and the length actually seems to be the same. There's a tiny bit more room at the ball too now.

Viberg 310E 8.5: Roomy in all directions but toe ball lines up with lowest part of the sprung toe forefoot and widest part of foot lines up with widest part of boot. Comfy fit, but will consider the 310D last in the future. After some breaking in found myself in the same boat as the 2020 9D in which I am wearing my absolute thickest socks to make them work.

Viberg 2040 8.5: No variable widths for this last. Best fitting Viberg last, comfortable from day one, even more than the newer 2030, but this has a little bit extra arch support and has some anatomical properties as well due to being a munson style. Definitely wish Viberg made more boots on this last.

White's 50/50 9D: So-so fit, probably an 8.5E would have been better, the 8D and 8.5D Bakers recommended would not have worked. Do NOT buy this last without a fit sheet, it is a very weird last sizing wise. Also as the arch breaks in your foot will push further forward into the toe box so don't go down too far in length unless you have high arches to begin with. This is now one of my best fitting lasts. It was a hard break in, mostly just the arch. But now I can confidently say this was the right choice and it is worth breaking that arch in to get fit and support of this level.

Wesco MP1339 9E: It's alright, toe box is really low and the gusset take up volume running the whole way up the boot as it is fully gusseted. The arch is prominent, not as much as the White's Archease. Decent fit all around and should break in nicely. Update: had to take the leather insert out, just couldn't deal with how shallow the toe box is. However without the insert there's too much volume so now I'm shopping for a 3/4 insert to toss in them.

Wolverine 1000 mile 9D: Gusseted tongue made the break in a little hard at first, overall a bit narrow and snug in the waist, but a very comfortable fit when broken in.

Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

Would agree with Crizzle about that being a bold move for your first Viberg. But if you got the coin, seems safer to go off your Brannock sizing, as at least you should get something that works. The one size down seems to work for most people. I am an 8-3/4 bannock so it gets a little tricky, but essentially I can wear a 7.5 or an 8 in the 2030, the latter being safer, but the 7.5 being more awesome once it breaks in but thinner sock range. I go with the 8 when I want to be safe, as I would if I do a shell plunge.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Hi all - new to this thread. Hoping to get sizing advice for the slipper & 2030.

I am a 12.5C Brannock and wear a 12D in the 55 last (Whites/Nicks).

Viberg Slipper: I would like get a snug fit to wear them sans socks. I have a pair of Mark Albert loafers in size 11 and they fit perfect (w/o socks).

2030 Last: I ordered a pair of service boots 3 years ago in size 12 and returned them because they were too big. If anyone wears Whites or Nicks in the 55 last Id appreciate your sizing advice. I can squeeze into an 11.5D in the 55 last with thin socks but a size 12D is best with my favorite boot socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics