• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forget who it was that had started smu through a retailer but I think it was tobacco Chromepak. It would have been contrasting black tongue, unstructured brogue captoe, 7 eyelets, ridgeway sole. It ended up falling through because we couldn’t get enough people and also I think Viberg said it was too similar to this season’s saddletan
Oh I thought it was coffee. It would have probably wound up cancelled anyways depending on when the order actually got submitted.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forget who it was that had started smu through a retailer but I think it was tobacco Chromepak. It would have been contrasting black tongue, unstructured brogue captoe, 7 eyelets, ridgeway sole. It ended up falling through because we couldn’t get enough people and also I think Viberg said it was too similar to this season’s saddletan
I just looked up the shade and yeah it is very similar to the saddle tan.

trg12

Reaction score
Is the Maryam TPR HB a leather that will patina? I'm somewhat getting the impression that with the treatment these boots are meant to stay rather consistent over time. The only experience I have with HB are my classic 2030 bourbons.

Do you maybe have pictures of how your bourbon HBs aged?

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Do you maybe have pictures of how your bourbon HBs aged?

Here they are - I regrettably have not worn these as much as I should. I really like them and what attracted to me was the grain and mottled patterns in this leather. They've darkened a little but I'd hesitate to say there is any real patina yet.

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

trg12

Reaction score
They've darkened a little but I'd hesitate to say there is any real Patina

Thanks so much. I asked because brushing and wearing bourbon workshoebutt for the past week I had this exact impression. I expect them to patina like tricker’s acorn leather, without strong darkening. Maybe this is related to the HB coating discussion above.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I asked because brushing and wearing bourbon workshoebutt for the past week I had this exact impression. I expect them to patina like tricker’s acorn leather, without strong darkening. Maybe this is related to the HB coating discussion above.
It takes time. All good patina is slow. Also depending which bourbon it is, they may be dry and it can't hurt to hit em with some conditioner. If you have the marrkt pair too some bick 4 would help. They're 3 and something years old that run.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it’s scary, they absorb whatever I throw at them.
They're a bit older than my Port 2040s and those were the same way. Deadstock is a whole different breed honestly.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
It takes time. All good patina is slow. Also depending which bourbon it is, they may be dry and it can't hurt to hit em with some conditioner. If you have the marrkt pair too some bick 4 would help. They're 3 and something years old that run.

Good to know. These from the photos were from .com in April 2019.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know. These from the photos were from .com in April 2019.
Is it April 2019? I may be mistaken then. I thought they were older than the port and brown 2040 horsebutts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads