• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
View attachment 1672360
Left mahogany, right dark cognac.
And no, they’re completely different styles. ?

I think there’s more fluctuation in mahogany as it’s a lighter color.

Yeah, Mahogany has been a great shade overall, but has probably had amongst the most color variation of any Horween shade since the early 2000’s.

-Mike

thewinedown

Reaction score
Yeah, Mahogany has been a great shade overall, but has probably had amongst the most color variation of any Horween shade since the early 2000’s.

-Mike
I’m honestly not sure which I like better and/or if the mark up over the dark cognac is worth it. They’re both beautiful. Something about the dark richness of the DC is nice though, and probably more of a colorway I don’t have. But also, they don’t have my size in DC right now, sooo…

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg can't even get their wholecuts posted properly. Live if anyone was looking for one of these.

The Rowdy are on some sort of weird sole, but the description says brown ridgeway.... well good luck if you cop!

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across my receipt of Cuoio HBs from Jan2021 for US$670 from .com
Paid US$770 for the Toscanello HBs yesterday...
Did not realise at the time but these have gone up 100bucks in less than a year.....hasn't prevented from buying but just a bit jarring..../rant over/

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across my receipt of Cuoio HBs from Jan2021 for US$670 from .com
Paid US$770 for the Toscanello HBs yesterday...
Did not realise at the time but these have gone up 100bucks in less than a year.....hasn't prevented from buying but just a bit jarring..../rant over/
Cuoio is drop 4 2020, then we had a pricr hike for SS21 and another for AW21 + now its an additional 20$ for BCT HB for no explicable reason

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuoio is drop 4 2020, then we had a pricr hike for SS21 and another for AW21 + now its an additional 20$ for BCT HB for no explicable reason
Ah, noted, thanks! Not sure it makes me feel any different but good to know the graduality of it !

Where I come from, dropping this amount of cash on a single pair of shoes/boots is inexplicable in itself, let alone multiple pairs...'rotation' and 'collection' were alien concepts until 2 yrs ago ....so I guess I can't fault Viberg (or Alden or anyone else) for their inexplicability ??.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
51584FCF-78B5-4655-BD92-EC5F1A6136ED.jpeg

Fresh off a resole ?

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
Stupid question but what does TPR mean?

Toscanello Horse TPR

Is this horse butt?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Toscanello Horse TPR

Is this horse butt?
Its horsebutt, TPR basically means Maryam's shiny HB which they've used before. I think they added in the description to help them justify the price hike/marketing

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Toscanello Horse TPR

Is this horse butt?
Its horsebutt, TPR basically means Maryam's shiny HB which they've used before. I think they added in the description to help them justify the price hike/marketing

Thermo Plastic Resin...I asked the same thing here a few weeks ago and got this from the great guys here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thermo plastic resin? really? lol
If you've ever had maryam HB before chances are its the TPR. Its their most popular article and its the same one you get from every other maker unless its reverso really. It wears away over time anyways. The only time I've seen it without the TPR recently was when Truman did the "unglazed" maryam black HB run a few months ago.

puddin

Reaction score

Well, there is a pandemic that has disrupted supply chains globally and increased costs of most things, especially things that are imported or have imported components. It’s true that viberg has been increasing prices since before the pandemic, and I suspect these increases are unlikely to go away after, but they may also be a direct result of higher production costs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads