• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thewinedown

Reaction score
I like unglazed HB too honestly (and I wish everyday that makers outside Japan will start to use unglazed Shinki.) And I think the name "unglazed TPR" is actually either a mistranslation or a slight misrepresentation. Its just what I've seen some tanneries and makers call it. Truman did a run not long ago and was even calling it "unglazed;" at this point a lot is marketing hyperbole.
“Marketing fluffery” is an actual defensible legal term, actually.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alpenglowing

Reaction score
43050652-28F5-48D7-9852-FA4525B856DD.jpeg

Natural shell boots today. Today’s Maryam drop is very tempting, but I’ve already blown money on other crap recently (like this new pair of denim in the pic above). Somebody buy the size 10’s so the temptation goes away.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who find it odd that the second model in the black HB Halkett photos is wearing... Black oxfords? Otherwise these look nice. Are all Halketts going to be GYW?
I have the brown ones. 270 GYW ?

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone here who owns the halkett boots. It’s a casual boot right?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone here who owns the halkett boots. It’s a casual boot right?
Its the more formal choice from Viberg, but on a casual leather you can dress it down.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Viberg cancelled the unmade sizes of the Brown Comipels. I'm not even surprised at this point.

El_capitanoo

Reaction score
Well Viberg cancelled the unmade sizes of the Brown Comipels. I'm not even surprised at this point.
That's frustrating. Did they say why? I ordered the size 9's a bit over a week ago so I should get them at some point. I do live a whole 3 hours away from Viberg so it takes some time...

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's frustrating. Did they say why? I ordered the size 9's a bit over a week ago so I should get them at some point. I do live a whole 3 hours away from Viberg so it takes some time...
They apparently set some sort of deadline for all halketts to be done with the delayed black comipel run because the factory is so far behind. Since there was only 3 or 4 sizes missing they just decided to cut the whole thing.

El_capitanoo

Reaction score
They apparently set some sort of deadline for all halketts to be done with the delayed black comipel run because the factory is so far behind. Since there was only 3 or 4 sizes missing they just decided to cut the whole thing.
I'm surprised they're bringing back the monthly preorders with how far behind they are.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah the pandemic really affected their operations.I think people forget how small they are. They produce in a year what a lot of these companies do in a week. So if they have to close or if they are understaffed it can cause stuff like that.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised they're bringing back the monthly preorders with how far behind they are.
Yeah I would expect delays on the upcoming preorders as well

thewinedown

Reaction score
They also just told me today that, no, they will no bring back the 145. LOL It's "in the past." I tried, man!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads