• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you beat me to it. Hope it works out for you but hit me up if it doesn’t.
Thanks & sorry, I thought there would be more that one pair in that size....hoping it will work out but if not I will seek you out !

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to only stock the narrow and wides from 7.5 to 10.5; looks like you need to do a proper preorder to get wide or narrow in any other size
13E works for me on 2030, have the Cuoio HB which are not fully broken in yet but are comfortable for 10 hour days at a stretch.
Was just wondering what 13EE would feel like but since they were not available I had no hesitation with 13E.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
E9D70DA6-DE64-4D52-97F2-B3484D7EA46A.jpeg

New to me Club Monaco Boondockers, also in size 13, since we’re taking over the thread.

JohnL1972

Reaction score
Toscanello BCT SB is today's release, but the webpage doesn't seem to be up properly. They put the pic on the website home page though. https://viberg.com/products/service-boot-toscanello-horse-tpr
Edit: live now
I am not happy that they are using a polyurethane type coated version of the Toscanello HB. I am not a fan of Alden shell for that very reason. This is the second Viberg HB release where they used polyurethane coated leather. I think the finish looks fake and doesn’t patina the same as natural finish leathers. Will pass on this and the Moss offering. Hope this isn’t what they plan on doing moving forward.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not happy that they are using a polyurethane type coated version of the Toscanello HB. I am not a fan of Alden shell for that very reason. This is the second Viberg HB release where they used polyurethane coated leather. I think the finish looks fake and doesn’t patina the same as natural finish leathers. Will pass on this and the Moss offering. Hope this isn’t what they plan on doing moving forward.
TPR is Maryams most popular HB. Any maryam HB with shine is TPR afaik. The HB w/out the finish is actually referred to as unglazed TPR even. The ID makers/Flame Pandq use it. Viberg has used it a lot. I think they're just mentioning the coating as a selling point. If you own other maryam HB there's a decent chance its TPR.

That being said these runs are darker and the coating looks to be a little thicker than normal. Honestly the TPR "glaze" is less intrusive than the Shinki glaze too IME

thewinedown

Reaction score
WF was on IG calling y'all out because the 13s were sitting.
Haha, I saw that and wanted to help out but I legitimately didn’t like their offerings at that point. Like the mushroom chamois they had was on that LH sole. I really don’t need a boot on that type of sole, but I loved the rest of it. Hopefully they’ll get another make up at some point!

JohnL1972

Reaction score
TPR is Maryams most popular HB. Any maryam HB with shine is TPR afaik. The HB w/out the finish is actually referred to as unglazed TPR even. The ID makers/Flame Pandq use it. Viberg has used it a lot. I think they're just mentioning the coating as a selling point. If you own other maryam HB there's a decent chance its TPR.

That being said these runs are darker and the coating looks to be a little thicker than normal. Honestly the TPR "glaze" is less intrusive than the Shinki glaze too IME
oh wow. You learn something every day. I thought glazing was when the leather was passed under a glass roller. I didn’t know it also referred to a spray on application of polyurethane. That’s what is so cool about this forum. I learn things I didn’t know. Perhaps I just like an unglazed finish.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh wow. You learn something every day. I thought glazing was when the leather was passed under a glass roller. I didn’t know it also referred to a spray on application of polyurethane. That’s what is so cool about this forum. I learn things I didn’t know. Perhaps I just like an unglazed finish.
I like unglazed HB too honestly (and I wish everyday that makers outside Japan will start to use unglazed Shinki.) And I think the name "unglazed TPR" is actually either a mistranslation or a slight misrepresentation. Its just what I've seen some tanneries and makers call it. Truman did a run not long ago and was even calling it "unglazed;" at this point a lot is marketing hyperbole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads