• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
full size run is live. All Halketts but the one I want are fully stocked now.

goalaso

Reaction score
full size run is live. All Halketts but the one I want are fully stocked now.
Am I the only one who find it odd that the second model in the black HB Halkett photos is wearing... Black oxfords? Otherwise these look nice. Are all Halketts going to be GYW?

alpenglowing

Reaction score
1666FFD9-654E-4F8E-8DB6-1214BA89B482.jpeg

95E195BF-E334-4BE4-A45A-72403F8BCD85.jpeg

Grey on grey in the woods today. The kids wanted to participate in the footwear photos as well. It was a great Saturday overall.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who find it odd that the second model in the black HB Halkett photos is wearing... Black oxfords? Otherwise these look nice. Are all Halketts going to be GYW?
Yeah, they even changed the stitchdown shell halkett they posted by accident to GYW pretty quickly. I wish we were going to get a stitchdown one and I hope we do one in the future.

goalaso

Reaction score
Interesting info, I appreciate the offer. Do you have any pics of how they turned out? Is the Walker heel a bit thicker than the Viberg specific LH heel?
They turned out reasonably well for a casual rebuild of a CXL beat-up favorite chukka, though I don't think chukkas are big on SF. It was an experiment, since I wanted LH soles, with a similar profile to the stacked leather, mini-ripple (but softer and without the ripple). For whatever reason, it required the nails to adhere well. And obviously there's a heel "missing" but it doesn't feel off to me with the stacked leather compensating. The LH site gives mm sizes of the Walker heel I think, but visually it doesn't look much different than the LH soles Viberg uses. I just don't know if they use heels like that on slippers; I have never paid the slippers much attention. They don't use the Walker sole in general as far as I know. I would order differently if I could, since the tread on the Walker is really just superficial, and the Cricket is a single sole (limiting its ability to be completely stitched on). Didn't realize this before ordering. PM me if you're interested. The size of the Walker sole is 10-12; Cricket sole is size 11

Attachments

• 20210918_221446.jpg
    20210918_221446.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210918_221230.jpg
    20210918_221230.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210918_221236.jpg
    20210918_221236.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 51

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to say that today is week 7 of service boot sunday and the first sunday where the wrong service boot wasn't accidentally posted in the early hours of the morning.

thewinedown

Reaction score
I just want to say that today is week 7 of service boot sunday and the first sunday where the wrong service boot wasn't accidentally posted in the early hours of the morning.
Congrats on getting your comipels! That was a wild ride. Here’s hoping they look smashing when they arrive.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your comipels! That was a wild ride. Here’s hoping they look smashing when they arrive.
I did not get my comipels, I wanted the brown ones which they're still missing my size in. I honestly would have bought the black ones except I already have 5 black boots, 3 of which happen to be Vibergs.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooooohhh my bad. I thought you were going for black. The saga continues.
I'm getting used to it with Viberg. It's my own damn fault for stubbornly trying to collect HB from all the tanneries. These and the regency calf slippers I was hoping to cop are both AWOL. Last year they canned the 310 Cuoio HBs too. Maybe Brett is cancelling everything I want because of the mean things I said about the bernhard?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, live now.
13E ordered! Early morning (0245am) purchase!! Looking forward to receiving them soon.
13EE shows as out of stock.
They seem to only stock the narrow and wides from 7.5 to 10.5; looks like you need to do a proper preorder to get wide or narrow in any other size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads