• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1035 bourbon shell Grails courtesy of Calvin. Do I wear them or construct a shrine in my living room?
MonsieurLeDude (I don't remember his handle here) did both, so do both!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah ok was hoping you had some intel on upcoming SMUs for the fall.
Everyone's SMUs were cancelled or delayed from what I've been told. DR is getting some variations of seasonal drops, but that's the extent of it. I'm pretty disappointed as whatever 2040s S&S were working on definitely would have been amazing.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone's SMUs were cancelled or delayed from what I've been told. DR is getting some variations of seasonal drops, but that's the extent of it. I'm pretty disappointed as whatever 2040s S&S were working on definitely would have been amazing.
Damn, any reason given? Factory still trying to catch up from a reduced capacity or did Brett use this a reason to end SMUs for good?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, any reason given? Factory still trying to catch up from a reduced capacity or did Brett use this a reason to end SMUs for good?
Same reason we had no shell preorders for those 4(?) months. Factory is catching up. They've already started shuffling their release schedule around. We're missing some Halkett sizes still (including the one I want fml) as well as the full black comipel halkett run; every single regency calf model is missing still; the dark rubber dublin WSBs got delayed to the end of this month, no idea when the natty essex WSBs are sleighted to drop; and they'll be going into SS22 production pretty soon too. Hopefully everything gets sorted and stuff gets figured out.

CMT1

Reaction score

lol They've been out twice since their early April delivery.

f5JhWvX.jpg

fyLd4Uk.jpg

They just sit upstairs in the shoebliette and look good.

Have a great weekend guys!

thepatinaarena

Reaction score
Recently reached out to viberg about having my mini-ripple slippers resoled on lactae hevea. Apparently they're not doing LH resoles. Also not doing mini-ripple resoles. So they'll happily sell you a new pair on either sole, but won't resole. Any suggestions where I can source LH soles?

jszair

Reaction score
Looks great! Did you do that yourself or take it to be done professionally?

I took to cobbler and cost me $30.

Did some research and seems multiple passes of different grit sandings are required (often quoted to be 1~1.5 hours) and then edge dressing is needed to seal (which I need to research and buy). Figured it’s not worth the trouble or frustration if screwed up…:D

goalaso

Reaction score
Recently reached out to viberg about having my mini-ripple slippers resoled on lactae hevea. Apparently they're not doing LH resoles. Also not doing mini-ripple resoles. So they'll happily sell you a new pair on either sole, but won't resole. Any suggestions where I can source LH soles?
I ordered 10 or so soles (the minimum) directly from LH a while back to do my boots resoled. It was probably not a cost effective solution, but I really wanted to try it. I have a few left over Cricket and Walker soles in natural if you're interested and in the U.S., I could sell/send some to you at cost, though not sure these two models are what you're looking for on a slipper. The Walker could work without the heel (how I used it, as an experiment, which is working so far). Otherwise, I emailed LH here and they sent me an invoice for what I wanted. This was before they were more available in the U.S. Or Viberg started using then. Took about 1 week from France:

thepatinaarena

Reaction score
I ordered 10 or so soles (the minimum) directly from LH a while back to do my boots resoled. It was probably not a cost effective solution, but I really wanted to try it. I have a few left over Cricket and Walker soles in natural if you're interested and in the U.S., I could sell/send some to you at cost, though not sure these two models are what you're looking for on a slipper. The Walker could work without the heel (how I used it, as an experiment, which is working so far). Otherwise, I emailed LH here and they sent me an invoice for what I wanted. This was before they were more available in the U.S. Or Viberg started using then. Took about 1 week from France:

Interesting info, I appreciate the offer. Do you have any pics of how they turned out? Is the Walker heel a bit thicker than the Viberg specific LH heel?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads