• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210916_065702.jpg

May be wearing these to remind myself to stay strong and wait for c4 bct to come back ..... eventually.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Haven’t resoled yet. Have had these since 2017 and wore them every other day for the first 6-8 months.

That's some amazing patina and wear. I've done a mathematical model that incorporates my age, number of shoes owned and the warm and dry climate I live in, concluding that I will probably never wear out a pair of boots, much less ever need a re-sole.

Those are really nice photos. I'm still on an original iPhone SE by the way, with a really crap camera :/

Last edited:

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
It still runs good, no lagging nor weird twitching?

Ya still works just fine, you really wouldn't know its old - and even compatible with the new iOS 15 coming out. I've used it with SIMs from about a dozen countries when I travel and its been flawless. But I work in some dangerous areas so I don't worry if it gets stolen. I'm ready for something new so I can take nice photos of my Vibergs!

Turns31

Reaction score
I'm telling yall you're sleeping on these. I've owned well over 50 pairs of boots and these are by far the most comfortable. 1035, snuff and mini rip.

Attachments

• DAC8E98A-FB4C-48A9-A6FC-B2B2A24F2173.jpeg
    DAC8E98A-FB4C-48A9-A6FC-B2B2A24F2173.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 61

Ozuku

Reaction score
Am I crazy, or did the Natural Shell halketts photos change? I swear last time I looked it was stitchdown in the photos and had a service boot heel instead of the derby...

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy, or did the Natural Shell halketts photos change? I swear last time I looked it was stitchdown in the photos and had a service boot heel instead of the derby...

Dammit.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah they changed the pics.
8E63705D-DDF3-4F7A-9BEE-B497A6513E50.jpeg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, it’s reminiscent to Division Road’s Officer boot which is really nice, but the end result looks….off to me.

it would’ve looked better w a cap toe.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, it’s reminiscent to Division Road’s Officer boot which is really nice, but the end result looks….off to me.

it would’ve looked better w a cap toe.
It basically is the officer boot. The halkett service boot is an officer boot but with 1 one piece back stay, the the officer has a derby backstrip, but with the faux external heel stitching.
1631846998745.png

The shelby is an officer boot with pinking and additional brogueing on the derby backstrip, the brogue boot is a shelby with a toe medallion, and the most deconstructed of them all is the current halkett derby boot.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hot take: medium/light brown shell mismatch looks the worst in a plain toe boot like that new photo. Each boot is two big pieces of shell with nothing else to distract your eye and when they are that far off, it’s just not my cup of tea.

Are the slippers 2030 because they are shell or are they moving away from the other slipper last (2010?). Sizing in that is a disaster tbh.

goalaso

Reaction score
It basically is the officer boot. The halkett service boot is an officer boot but with 1 one piece back stay, the the officer has a derby backstrip, but with the faux external heel stitching. View attachment 1670342

The shelby is an officer boot with pinking and additional brogueing on the derby backstrip, the brogue boot is a shelby with a toe medallion, and the most deconstructed of them all is the current halkett derby boot.
Do all Viberg shell cordovan boots have unstructured toes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads