• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask about the Marrkt sale - how did they calculate the $924 "regular" price for each boot? Doesn't make sense in USD or Canadian, and I don't think that computes to Sterling either. Any ideas?
I think that's the VAT included cost of Vibergs at full price? 695 pounds is the standard cost from what I can tell: https://thegreat-divide.com/collections/viberg?currency=GBP when we see prices in USD I believe all the sites are converting and taking off VAT for us assuming we're taking delivery in the US as well.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So an update on the situation, Marrkt offered a return/exchange for my rather flawed pair. In case anyone wishes to context their flaw pair. Their CS got a thumbs up from me.

View attachment 1649173

Glad you got sorted.

off the back of seeing your pair I actually contacted Marrkt and got them to check the pair I ordered for flaws before I went ahead.

That was on the basis that they weren’t returnable really.

zachthespook

Reaction score
Eagerly waiting for my 3sixteen vibergs to arrive tomorrow... anyone receive theirs yet?

boyoi

Reaction score
Waxed flesh horsebutt arrived. This leather is even better in person. I’m smitten
00E208DC-9F40-4D0E-B1B1-648F3E2F43C7.jpeg

F7649E59-142E-4FA7-91BB-F30C42D10418.jpeg

44AAB28D-6155-4BEE-828E-AAD30C3446D5.jpeg
63319B88-EE54-48AA-A860-49BD704EDC7E.jpeg

Vickt

Reaction score
This has been bugging me for awhile. Probably would be my favorite pair, except for this damn squeak. Any ideas how to stop it? Withered Fig crust horsebutt Franklin with leather sole. Both shoes used to squeak, but now it’s only the left. Feels like it’s coming from right under the forefoot as I bend and push off. If I roll my foot a little to land on either edge there’s no sound. Thought it would go away eventually like the right shoe but no luck.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for awhile. Probably would be my favorite pair, except for this damn squeak. Any ideas how to stop it? Withered Fig crust horsebutt Franklin with leather sole. Both shoes used to squeak, but now it’s only the left. Feels like it’s coming from right under the forefoot as I bend and push off. If I roll my foot a little to land on either edge there’s no sound. Thought it would go away eventually like the right shoe but no luck.

My work shoe butt boondockers do that off and on (maybe more when they're cold). Best I can figure is that it's the insole moving against the midsole as the shoe bends. If I ever resole them I'm going to see if I can have the insole and midsole McKay stitched together to see if it fixes it. Remember the insole is only held down in the forefoot by glue.

motojobobo

Reaction score

FWIW, I share the solution carried out by a member in another forum. He drilled a couple tiny holes through the insole in the offending area and then slowly injected boot oil with a syringe. He claims it worked perfectly and the squeak hasn’t returned. Haven’t tried it myself. If you are interested I can put you in touch with the original experimenter.

alpenglowing

Reaction score

I’ve had a similar squeak on one pair of Vibergs (suede derbies on Dainite). I sanded the insoles thinking that would help, but no luck. I wore them off and on for 6 months, and eventually sold them after being irritated by the squeak. Those Franklin’s are harder to replace, so I’d consider getting them resoled and asking a good cobbler to diagnose/treat the squeak in the process.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I share the solution carried out by a member in another forum. He drilled a couple tiny holes through the insole in the offending area and then slowly injected boot oil with a syringe. He claims it worked perfectly and the squeak hasn’t returned. Haven’t tried it myself. If you are interested I can put you in touch with the original experimenter.
That's crazy. I might do it.

How did he drill the holes??

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know squeakiness plagues white's and is their #1 warranty repair, the usual recommendation we make on the GYW sub is to try baby powder, if that doesn't work it's usually leather rubbing somewhere.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know squeakiness plagues white's and is their #1 warranty repair, the usual recommendation we make on the GYW sub is to try baby powder, if that doesn't work it's usually leather rubbing somewhere.
Yeah I'm impressed that White's is so willing to do that.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm impressed that White's is so willing to do that.
You've got tons of leather in your construction, that's what's gonna happen. They have good CS though which helps + Bakers has good CS as well

Vickt

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I know I’d mess up attempting to drill holes... For the baby powder, I just rub it into the sole? Most likely I will live with it until it’s time to re-sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads