• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can be tricky, but if its dry you should condition it. Deadstock Maryam HB is THIRSTIER than college coeds on spring break. My port ones just drank in the bick 4.
Do you think once I wear them the oils will come to the surface naturally?

Last edited:

Meelypops

Reaction score
A few places carried it. I bought mine from *Blue Button Shop. Benny’s Store/Take 5 also carries it. Though some places said it was Italian Horsebutt. I think some were horween and others Maryam.

edit:blue button shop not L&F
I think Joerogan on here posted a pair recently, the box said horween HB, but as you say may be the case different runs used different leather.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Joerogan on here posted a pair recently, the box said horween HB, but as you say may be the case different runs used different leather.
My box said horween. But I’m sure it was wrong as it’s unlike any known horween Horsebutt. Plus S&S advertised it as Italian brown Horsebutt.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My box said horween. But I’m sure it was wrong as it’s unlike any known horween Horsebutt. Plus S&S advertised it as Italian brown Horsebutt.
That was my thought. I've never seen Horween HB with that texture, only Italian.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was my thought. I've never seen Horween HB with that texture, only Italian.
What about the Cxl Horsebutt + the crust horsebutt stuff?
CXL Horsebutt aka workshoe has the top grain buffed like all CXL to give it a uniform appearance. Could be crust but the leather still seemed like a veg tan. The Roughout side of a crust workshoe butt would still look like a chrome tanned leather. This stuff feels and looks like a veg tan.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thepatinaarena

Reaction score
WF has this pair of 2030 last Chelseas. I’ve also given up on the 2050 last, and would try this pair out if they had my size in stock.

They're 2050

PXL_20210706_210636592.jpg

ricebomb

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up again, but last week I had mentioned not hearing any word nor updates from Milohshop about a pre-order I had placed for the Mushroom Chamois service boots last year around November. At the recommendation of some of you guys, I tried DMing through IG (along with e-mailing directly and sending a message through their website several times over the months) with no successful response. Since I have never really been in this situation before, I was wondering if any of you who have been have any suggestions on what to do from here? I was thinking if I would have to unfortunately resort to requesting a chargeback from Paypal, but the pre-order deposit was made last year, and I also have no idea how to go about the route. Would appreciate any recommendations, as I am at a loss.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up again, but last week I had mentioned not hearing any word nor updates from Milohshop about a pre-order I had placed for the Mushroom Chamois service boots last year around November. At the recommendation of some of you guys, I tried DMing through IG (along with e-mailing directly and sending a message through their website several times over the months) with no successful response. Since I have never really been in this situation before, I was wondering if any of you who have been have any suggestions on what to do from here? I was thinking if I would have to unfortunately resort to requesting a chargeback from Paypal, but the pre-order deposit was made last year, and I also have no idea how to go about the route. Would appreciate any recommendations, as I am at a loss.
Maybe try Reddit? Looks like he’s posted within the past week. He’s u/grizzly_giant

zachthespook

Reaction score

A lot of people have had really bad issues with communication with Miloh Shop including myself. You really shouldn’t have to exert this much effort to get in contact with a shop

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads