• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meelypops

Reaction score

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the second pair I picked up. Appears dry out of the box, but I don't know if using VSC will end up darkening the leather...or end up making the grain pop ?. Either way these have much more visual interest than the DR pair on 2040 I picked up recently.

4BB9F77C-4D2C-4B26-8A9A-91A761F1C59F.jpeg
A1A1C0F0-F7BC-46EE-B7C8-3313539DAC5E.jpeg
2099BFB5-75BF-4C91-AD05-C0E07F63F39C.jpeg
2391303B-7C88-45FF-BEA6-A7046E9EBCF7.jpeg

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard and Strange
A few places carried it. I bought mine from *Blue Button Shop. Benny’s Store/Take 5 also carries it. Though some places said it was Italian Horsebutt. I think some were horween and others Maryam.

edit:blue button shop not L&F

Last edited:

Bikingnerd

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but how much is bison leather likely to give over time? Picked up a pair of the .com chelseas (1 down from brannock, same as my tricker’s 2298 size) and they are a bit tight at the little toe. Length and overall fit seems good, just a bit narrow.

I’d previously tried a pair of the natural CXL Chelseas a half size up and they felt quite sloppy, so I suspect if these won’t ease up over time that the 2050 last is just not for me (or the leather makes a huge difference).

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but how much is bison leather likely to give over time? Picked up a pair of the .com chelseas (1 down from brannock, same as my tricker’s 2298 size) and they are a bit tight at the little toe. Length and overall fit seems good, just a bit narrow.

I’d previously tried a pair of the natural CXL Chelseas a half size up and they felt quite sloppy, so I suspect if these won’t ease up over time that the 2050 last is just not for me (or the leather makes a huge difference).
I feel your pain. I really want Viberg Chelseas but the 2050 just isn't for me.

motojobobo

Reaction score
Here's the second pair I picked up. Appears dry out of the box, but I don't know if using VSC will end up darkening the leather...

On trying to avoid darkening our light colored boots when lubricating them I wonder whether using conditioner from the inside (on unlined pairs) may help with dryness while reducing/avoiding darkening Them. Has anybody tried that? I have a pair of SB in crust horsebutt from DR that are asking to be moisturized but I keep putting it off for fear of losing the light colored hue which was the main reason I bought them.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the second pair I picked up. Appears dry out of the box, but I don't know if using VSC will end up darkening the leather...or end up making the grain pop ?. Either way these have much more visual interest than the DR pair on 2040 I picked up recently.

View attachment 1648675 View attachment 1648676 View attachment 1648678 View attachment 1648677
It can be tricky, but if its dry you should condition it. Deadstock Maryam HB is THIRSTIER than college coeds on spring break. My port ones just drank in the bick 4.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads