• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zachthespook

Reaction score
Maybe sent back to Viberg. They’re still planning an in person sample sale.
Would that even be worth the trouble for Viberg to have them all shipped back? I imagine the shipping isn’t cheap.

Last edited:

Meelypops

Reaction score
If anyone picked up the size 11 horween horse butt and wants to shift it let me know ?

Phalanx

Reaction score
My Dublin Spice 1035 boots arrived yesterday. These are the first Vibergs I've tried and there's a couple of things i'm curious about
- Are they unstructured or not? I'm a huge fan of unstructured toe boxes and Rivet & Hide says these are partially unstructured. The toe cap feels quite hard but I can press it in if I push hard enough. What's the deal?

- They don't seem to actually be that comfortable for me. The heel is very hard and I'd argue that even my Red Wings feel better than these. The heel is very similar to my Loake Chatsworth boots (there's some kind of padding in the heel as opposed to an all leather insole). Will this get better with time? It's not a Dainite thing because White's MP feel amazing to me.

Sorry if those questions are a bit grating. I definitely don't intend to rock the boat or anything.

1627817213855.jpeg

1627817277637.jpeg

Last edited:

jwy

Reaction score
Would you like that even be worth the trouble for Viberg to have them all shipped back? I imagine the shipping isn’t cheap.
I would think so, seems like they should just drop them all to 300-400 range and clear out the entire stock. Unless the in-person sample sale will be higher prices than before.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Dublin Spice 1035 boots arrived yesterday. These are the first Vibergs I've tried and there's a couple of things i'm curious about
- Are they unstructured or not? I'm a huge fan of unstructured toe boxes and Rivet & Hide says these are partially unstructured. The toe cap feels quite hard but I can press it in if I push hard enough. What's the deal?

- They don't seem to actually be that comfortable for me. The heel is very hard and I'd argue that even my Red Wings feel better than these. The heel is very similar to my Loake Chatsworth boots (there's some kind of padding in the heel as opposed to an all leather insole). Will this get better with time? It's not a Dainite thing because White's MP feel amazing to me.

Sorry if those questions are a bit grating. I definitely don't intend to rock the boat or anything.

View attachment 1647212
View attachment 1647213
The rivet and hide description says partially structured, not unstructured. It’s a leather toe puff as opposed to celastic. Not sure what the heel issue is. Do you know your brannock size and what size did you order?

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they're not unstructured (as panda says, partially structured != unstructured). I wouldn't press on them; a deformed structured toe doesn't look great.
I'm not a fan of the new heel pads either. You could take it out or replace it but it will be a hassle.
Nah don't worry about it.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Ah it's partially structured! Sorry I definitely misread that.

Jalucan

Reaction score
I hate the new heel pads. I take out the small foam pads and the boots are way more comfortable. Some have a lining so they come out in one piece and others I had to scrape out. Just pull back enough to get to the pad and you wont have to reglue.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1647212
View attachment 1647213
Unless the last is pretty much perfect for your foot shape, it's gonna take a decent amount of breaking in. The new heel pads aren't the best as others have said, but they're easy to remove and switch out if you need/want. Personally, once they're broken in, all heel pads IME are about the same and these don't take too long to break in either. I use these Viberg heel pads in my Wesco's even.

HeyBremen

Reaction score

View attachment 1647212
View attachment 1647213

This pair looks pretty good from the photo! Is it the one listed with Dainite or the other one (seems wrongly) listed with Ridgeway sole?

Phalanx

Reaction score
This pair looks pretty good from the photo! Is it the one listed with Dainite or the other one (seems wrongly) listed with Ridgeway sole?
Dainite sole - they're great looking boots but I don't think I'm cool enough to pull them off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads