• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zachthespook

Reaction score
Those brown horsebutts that were posted here earlier deterred me from a marrkt purchase... instead I got the last 9 of the new Vintage Mocha 3sixteen release. Afraid there might be too much overlap with my brown CXL pair from Brooklyn, but there's no turning back now.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those brown horsebutts that were posted here earlier deterred me from a marrkt purchase... instead I got the last 9 of the new Vintage Mocha 3sixteen release. Afraid there might be too much overlap with my brown CXL pair from Brooklyn, but there's no turning back now.
At some point everything begins to overlap. Unless it’s a very trimmed down rotation.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? What is this overlap? My 40+ pair collection can't have any overlap.... surely everyone can see these 6 different shades of black boots I own!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JohnL1972

Reaction score
So my Markket pair is here, gotta give DHL credit. Miloh shop brown HB, size 8. Definitely seconds, wonky stitching, and cracked leather... final sale, oh well, wear it with good health... Good luck everyone...

Sorry to see that. I wonder what the Toscanello HB that were labeled “defect” look like. I had a bad experience with the Marrkt sale. Ordered a pair of Maryam HB boots on the 2030. Receieved a pair or Horween Waxed flesh HB on the 2030. Mine were in great condition, but not what I ordered or wanted. Going to see if I can return since it wasn’t whT they advertised on their site.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see that. I wonder what the Toscanello HB that were labeled “defect” look like. I had a bad experience with the Marrkt sale. Ordered a pair of Maryam HB boots on the 2030. Receieved a pair or Horween Waxed flesh HB on the 2030. Mine were in great condition, but not what I ordered or wanted. Going to see if I can return since it wasn’t whT they advertised on their site.
Yeah they messed up a lot of descriptions.
https://www.marrkt.com/collections/viberg-sale/products/service-boot-horween-chestnut-essex-1 is a prime example. I own these. The 5 eyelets ones are the 310 cuoio HB model. These are not chestnut essex.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah they messed up a lot of descriptions.
https://www.marrkt.com/collections/viberg-sale/products/service-boot-horween-chestnut-essex-1 is a prime example. I own these. The 5 eyelets ones are the 310 cuoio HB model. These are not chestnut essex.
You may be right, but I think there are models on there that don't correspond to any that were previously released, e.g.:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may be right, but I think there are models on there that don't correspond to any that were previously released, e.g.:

Yeah, I've never seen Maryam calf look like that. The closest those look like are the HB version which is all the specs listed exactly, buuuuut the color is pretty far off. Certainly way different than my 1071 HB 2040s

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen Maryam calf look like that. The closest those look like are the HB version which is all the specs listed exactly, buuuuut the color is pretty far off. Certainly way different than my 1071 HB 2040s
I guess it could be HB, but the HB version wasn't matte. I suppose that could just be a mistake on this pair though. What about these then?
Were these actually released somewhere?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it could be HB, but the HB version wasn't matte. I suppose that could just be a mistake on this pair though. What about these then?
Were these actually released somewhere?
They're really cool. If its a dressier Viberg that no one knows what it is, I just assume it was a Mr Porter run or asian market run.

JohnL1972

Reaction score
They could be HB…who knows. As you pointed out, just because they label something as HB or Calf doesn’t mean it is. I ordered Maryam HB and got Horween waxed flesh HB. It’s the mystery boot lottery????

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They could be HB…who knows. As you pointed out, just because they label something as HB or Calf doesn’t mean it is. I ordered Maryam HB and got Horween waxed flesh HB. It’s the mystery boot lottery????
You didn't even get the pictured boot though right? That's another story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads