• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HeyBremen

Reaction score
Rivet and Hide and Cultizm both stocked with dainite and that's definitely dainite in the photo (also this reddit review). Crizzlelovesyou posted before that he noticed some discrepancies between descriptions and boots, too.

I think they were from 2020 drop 4 (https://www.stitchdown.com/brands/viberg-boots/viberg-second-half-preview-2020/)
That picture shows Dainite...not Ridgeway. So I'd guess you are getting Dainite.
****. I completely forgot about this sale.

I’d go more by the picture than the listed features.

Thanks for the help guys! Though I’m no fan of Dainite i can live with that (or any other soles for that matter). My biggest worry is they got the last or the size wrong:bounce2: Guess I’ll find out soon enough haha

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m after some sizing advice for the 2030 last of anyone can help.

There are two pairs in the Marrkt sale that interest me, one in 10.5 and one in 11.5.

My brannock measurement is about US 12D.

Are either of these sizes likely to work? I have a feeling Viberg 11 would be better.

I have UK 10.5 Trickers Stows which I can’t really wear with thick socks and Red Wing 8 last fit well in US 11.5 D for reference

Thanks!

BlueSteel

Reaction score

There are two pairs in the Marrkt sale that interest me, one in 10.5 and one in 11.5.

Are either of these sizes likely to work? I have a feeling Viberg 11 would be better.

I have UK 10.5 Trickers Stows which I can’t really wear with thick socks and Red Wing 8 last fit well in US 11.5 D for reference

Thanks!

I suspect in the 2030 last you would be a Viberg 11. I am a Brannock 11E and my great fit in the 2030 is 10.5. I accept the general wisdom that in the 2030 you go down a half size if you are an E width and a full size if you are a D width...which would point you to an 11.

Jerkstore

Reaction score

Thanks!
11.5 should work. I go half down from brannock. Most others do, too.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
I go a full size down (9) for a close fitting 2030–mostly thin socks, or .5 size down (9.5) for a generous fitting 2030–thick to thin socks.

I wear a 9 UK in Stow boots and can wear medium socks with them.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
I go a full size down (9) for a close fitting 2030–mostly thin socks, or .5 size down (9.5) for a generous fitting 2030–thick to thin socks.

I wear a 9 UK in Stow boots and can wear medium socks with them.

Great point about socks - can easily shift things a half size depending on preference of sock thickness.

Phalanx

Reaction score
I personally think from the Marrkt drop, the 1035 Horween Spice Dublin boots are the best looking of the bunch.
1627634713047.png

As a newbie to Viberg, the only thing I feel they're lacking is they don't have speed hooks; do you guys ever get speed hooks added to your Vibergs or do you let it be?

Drzdave58

Reaction score
I personally think from the Marrkt drop, the 1035 Horween Spice Dublin boots are the best looking of the bunch.
View attachment 1646347
As a newbie to Viberg, the only thing I feel they're lacking is they don't have speed hooks; do you guys ever get speed hooks added to your Vibergs or do you let it be?
I like speed hooks too. I have two pairs of Vibergs now and I find they slide on and off easy and quickly. i won’t be putting speedhooks on them.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks!

I'm UK9.5 in Tricker's 4497. I can comfortably wear a thick sock.
I got a pair of 2030 in Viberg 9.5 and they're okay with a thin sock and a bit of stretching. They're CXL so stretch quite a bit.
Since then I've purchased Viberg 10 for a thick sock fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads