• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black split horsebutt...hmmm... tempting. What do you know about this, Crizzle?
Its a cool makeup and I want a pair of derby shoes in it. Its full maryam horse rump with shell and skived/cut through to split it. The shell is split through as well so it gets cool texture and can do some rolling. It does wind up as thinner than other HB though do to the splitting though, but the shell portions I believe still roll.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted by the peanut kudu, boots I almost bought at full price. Did they further reduce price on the last sale?

thewinedown

Reaction score
Its a cool makeup and I want a pair of derby shoes in it. Its full maryam horse rump with shell and skived/cut through to split it. The shell is split through as well so it gets cool texture and can do some rolling. It does wind up as thinner than other HB though do to the splitting though, but the shell portions I believe still roll.
A wealth of knowledge as always, thank you! What exactly is the splitting process and why do it?

reddie_odin

Reaction score
Looking at those too. But can anyone confirm those are really Maryam Horsebutt?

Found it.

"The Service Boot and Side Zip in Light Grey Horsebutt are crafted using a unique leather from a small artisanal tannery in Italy. The full-grain horsebutt is vegetable tanned and processed as a nubuck on its grain side"
LightGreyHorsebutt-8871_e86d2e3d-df2c-4ff4-9d49-4f44a5a52fe0.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A wealth of knowledge as always, thank you! What exactly is the splitting process and why do it?
Same thing that's done for suede in cowhide, but they did it to horsebutt. The reason is probably cause its cool and they could haha

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted by the peanut kudu, boots I almost bought at full price. Did they further reduce price on the last sale?
Price stayed constant last time

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: winedown got the link already

Trim Man

Reaction score
That was the same vintage mocha harness makeup that 3sixteen had. Would have jumped on those if I didn't grab the standard and strange makeup already.
I found an old 3sixteen makeup with the plain toe and leather soles with a dainite heel, and they had an unstructured toe. I found a vague reference buried on Reddit to a similar makeup on .com but with a structured toe. I'm guessing these marrkt boots are that .com makeup. The toe looks structured to me from the pics. Either way, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Good to get a little more info if possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads