• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get a hold of Milohshop? Been waiting on a pre-order for the Reverse Mushroom Chamois Service boots since last year, and haven't been able to get any response via e-mail several times at all for awhile now. Getting a tad desperate for some reassurance, so thought I could try asking here.
They’re notoriously bad at email correspondence. As stated, IG or phone

alpenglowing

Reaction score
04B62E7A-8B78-498D-A099-F6A8671557BB.jpeg

Stone oiled calf derbies today. I just applied some brown edge stain on these over the weekend, and am liking the darker look so far (I have plenty of other pairs with natural edge finishes so it’s nice to differentiate these).

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get a hold of Milohshop? Been waiting on a pre-order for the Reverse Mushroom Chamois Service boots since last year, and haven't been able to get any response via e-mail several times at all for awhile now. Getting a tad desperate for some reassurance, so thought I could try asking here.
I thought those came in April(along with the brown washed horsehides and brown waxed flesh pairs)

ricebomb

Reaction score
I thought those came in April(along with the brown washed horsehides and brown waxed flesh pairs)

I'm not sure myself, but if they did, I never got an e-mail or notification to pay the remaining amount of the pre-order, nor any updates on them

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1644958
Stone oiled calf derbies today. I just applied some brown edge stain on these over the weekend, and am liking the darker look so far (I have plenty of other pairs with natural edge finishes so it’s nice to differentiate these).
Looks great. Did you do anything to remove the natural edge dressing before applying?

alpenglowing

Reaction score
Looks great. Did you do anything to remove the natural edge dressing before applying?

Yes I sanded the edges down first, and then applied 2 coats of Fiebing’s edge dressing. I also did this to a pair of color 8 CXL service boots as well - it’s likely gonna be a couple months before those get worn again though.

Goliath123

Reaction score
Does this actually bond the leather to each other? I don't wanna be in a situation where the heel pad needs to be cut away from the lining of the boot.
Cobbler and leather glues are never permanent enough youll ever have trouble removing it in the future without a good tug. Youll be fine don't sweat it

Source:Am a cobbler

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cobbler and leather glues are never permanent enough youll ever have trouble removing it in the future without a good tug. Youll be fine don't sweat it

Source:Am a cobbler
Curious which leather glue you would recommend? I looked into Fieberg's leather cement and it's readily available around here (and on Amazon).

Goliath123

Reaction score
I don't have anything bad to say about a brand called Renia from Germany (http://www.renia.com/englisch/msds.html). In particular, the Colle de cologne glue commonly called CDC in the trade is hands down the strongest bonding glue I know of. Its also what I've seen Viberg use before in their shoemaking videos (I expect they don't use it for heel pads however as they are always coming unstuck). I find most other glues to be more of a placeholder in the fact that while it will still hold for a while it also relies on other methods to help such as sole stitching or nailing heels etc. The other thing about glues from brands like Fiebings as well is that they are generally for leatherworking with things like wallets etc, where you use them lightly to hold the pieces together until you hand stitch. I don't know of any cobblers that would be using glues like that on day to day work. CDC is the only glue I would use when the glue is all you can use, for example in bonded soles or when heels can't be nailed to further secure etc. Be mindful however that CDC comes in larger quantities, 1L 5L etc, which for anyone doing at home leather jobs, is probably way more then whats needed. You might be able to get it in smaller quantities but I've never seen it.

However, for general purposes, Any leatherworking glue is more than efficient for a heel pad. Its something that isn't going to be terrible long term if it comes unstuck you know? So for your heel pad I would say feel free to go with the Fiebings, youll most likely have no trouble.

To get the best out of it, keep something on top of the pad after you've applied 2 coats (Leather likes to soak in glue), that will help keep pressure on it from top down. I would suggest something like a full water bottle. These glues like pressure (Which is where you see things like sole presses in shoemaking videos) and will benefit greatly from something weighing it down while it dries. Place it in immediately after you've applied the glue while its still wet as you'll be able to slide it around to the correct position, sometimes when the glue dries it will stick immediately and you might be left with a heel pad in a bad spot. Hope that helps!

I know this got a bit long-winded but hey I thought id just put it out there. Sorry if I rambled on a bit haha

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

These look similar to the drop when the mocha vintage turned out lighter than expected

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

These look similar to the drop when the mocha vintage turned out lighter than expected

Okay, so these are definitely what 3sixteen originally ordered before Viberg sent the brown cxl ones instead. I'm glad they finally got their order, hopefully this means the two are on the mend and they'll be a stockist moving forward.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so these are definitely what 3sixteen originally ordered before Viberg sent the brown cxl ones instead. I'm glad they finally got their order, hopefully this means the two are on the mend and they'll be a stockist moving forward.
It’s a different leather than before though. Vintage Mocha Oil Harness is the name they used for Rowdy Dachshund.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

Same as these https://brooklynclothing.com/collec...iceboothorweenmochavintagepartialstructuretoe

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a different leather than before though. Vintage Mocha Oil Harness is the name they used for Rowdy Dachshund.
I'm not playing the mocha vintage vintage mocha game ever again. Nothing confuses me more. I just hope this means 3sixteen may be willing to remain a stockist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads