• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thewinedown

Reaction score
The new manifest had no shell on it apparently. I asked about shell and if there were ammunition boots and was told there were neither. Still plenty of good stuff in there and everything that didn't sell in the last round is here which would include one or two pieces of shell in odd sizing.
Did you happen to learn of any other gems from said manifest?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to learn of any other gems from said manifest?
I only asked about the ammunition boots tbh and was told without asking about there was no shell, I think the implication was that I was gonna ask, little do they know I prefer my butts full and uncut. It is the stuff that's missing though so glace deer, split horsebutt, some dublins probably, and whatever else there was.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a size 9.5 dark rubber Dublin workshoe butt. I spotted it in the picture and used the technological advancement known as pinch to zoom.
Whoever buys it can confirm if it really has no butt just like in the .com photos

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed the heel pads in one of my service boots appears to be sliding forward. Any idea what Viberg recommends to keep them in place? I don't wanna apply some glue that makes it permanent and would cause issues with removing in the future.
PXL_20210727_064322660.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed the heel pads in one of my service boots appears to be sliding forward. Any idea what Viberg recommends to keep them in place? I don't wanna apply some glue that makes it permanent and would cause issues with removing in the future.
View attachment 1644755
the replacement heel pads have adhesive so you can go that route. On my winter smoke calf pair I replaced and applied some leather glue and that sucker ain't going anywhere. I also swapped my Wesco inserts for some Viberg ones and didn't use any glue, just let the adhesive do its job and they haven't moved around at all. Just hit up Thomas and ask if you can get some.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1644755
These were short lived because of issues with the adhesive. I'm on my third pair now and still having the same issue. Thomas should be able to send you a replacement. It will be a different style just as an FYI.

thewinedown

Reaction score
the replacement heel pads have adhesive so you can go that route. On my winter smoke calf pair I replaced and applied some leather glue and that sucker ain't going anywhere. I also swapped my Wesco inserts for some Viberg ones and didn't use any glue, just let the adhesive do its job and they haven't moved around at all. Just hit up Thomas and ask if you can get some.
Is the leather glue you mention barge cement or something else?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this actually bond the leather to each other? I don't wanna be in a situation where the heel pad needs to be cut away from the lining of the boot.
Then skip it and just let the adhesive on the pads that are already present lock them in. Make sure you allow them to set as well.

ricebomb

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get a hold of Milohshop? Been waiting on a pre-order for the Reverse Mushroom Chamois Service boots since last year, and haven't been able to get any response via e-mail several times at all for awhile now. Getting a tad desperate for some reassurance, so thought I could try asking here.

puddin

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get a hold of Milohshop? Been waiting on a pre-order for the Reverse Mushroom Chamois Service boots since last year, and haven't been able to get any response via e-mail several times at all for awhile now. Getting a tad desperate for some reassurance, so thought I could try asking here.

Reach out on IG. Much more responsive there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads