• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210726_112050.jpg

20210726_111907.jpg

Cuff check? Too high?

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reached out to Viberg about the black specifically, and they said it was FG. I have the Anise and it's clearly FG:
View attachment 1644016
But the black looks split (pic from underside of back stay; I couldn't separate the tongue liner at all probably because it's a flesh on flesh glue bond). No grain:
View attachment 1644017
Sure, I assume they would. Either way, it's disappointing that Viberg would use split and FG on two boots that are otherwise exactly the same, and then not have it together to be able to inform customers who inquire.
Heard back from Viberg after sharing the pictures. They maintain that it's full grain suede. Not sure what to make of that - maybe the edges are skived.

Either way, props to Thomas for the quick responses.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WF is having a sale on past seasonal Vibergs

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WF is having a sale on past seasonal Vibergs
Tempted by that country boot style. Anyone find it to fit different than service boot?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the main thing is that there is more vamp and so less adjustment at the instep. If the instep on the last is a good fit for you then it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks!

thewinedown

Reaction score
Any idea when this one was posted? Are they sneak trickling things out again?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was posted today.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was a return from the first round it seems. That exact makeup and size was on the original shell list and there's not supposed to be any shell from this coming round. Wednesday is just all the SBs that are left over.

nareichert

Reaction score

I don’t think so. They offered me this boot when I bought a few pairs from them last time. I bet they just forgot to list it during he first sale.

Trim Man

Reaction score
It was a return from the first round it seems. That exact makeup and size was on the original shell list and there's not supposed to be any shell from this coming round. Wednesday is just all the SBs that are left over.
That Stitchdown article that was posted over on Reddit stated that there would be shell:

"Upper leather from Horween, C.F. Stead, Maryam, Shinki, Guidi and more will include Chromexcel, kudu, shell cordovan, horsebutt, horsehide, calf, deer, nubuck and good ol’ fashioned cowhide."

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Stitchdown article that was posted over on Reddit stated that there would be shell:

"Upper leather from Horween, C.F. Stead, Maryam, Shinki, Guidi and more will include Chromexcel, kudu, shell cordovan, horsebutt, horsehide, calf, deer, nubuck and good ol’ fashioned cowhide."

The new manifest had no shell on it apparently. I asked about shell and if there were ammunition boots and was told there were neither. Still plenty of good stuff in there and everything that didn't sell in the last round is here which would include one or two pieces of shell in odd sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads