• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score

thewinedown

Reaction score
I’ve read a lot of… dubious… narratives regarding premium boots to justify their own importance, but this was hilarious!! ? ?
I don’t know, the pics of the boots at Bedos, which is like 10min from WF, make me think it could be true.

EDIT: but then again, he’s just holding them.

Reactions: XWT

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know, the pics of the boots at Bedos, which is like 10min from WF, make me think it could be true.

I don’t think Bedo could relast and resole a full size run of stitchdown boots nor would they be able to source a full size run of 1035 lasts. It’s a funny post though.

Basboy

Reaction score
He cooked up a funny story to explain why he has a make up so similar to the recently released Stitchdown x Standard & Strange offering.

Come on guys! There's no way he really bought out the SS stock and had Bedo change the sole and relast it.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score

I WANT it to be true!

I mean, luxury goods outfitters often take themselves too seriously (let’s not revisit the PNW homeless video drama), so it’s definitely refreshing to see quality effort put in when stockists release similar makeups to keep things light - it’s a small community, after all!

But putting the pixelated pics of Steve in the narrative? Genius… pure genius… ?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I WANT it to be true!

I mean, luxury goods outfitters often take themselves too seriously (let’s not revisit the PNW homeless video drama), so it’s definitely refreshing to see quality effort put in when stockists release similar makeups to keep things light - it’s a small community, after all!

But putting the pixelated pics of Steve in the narrative? Genius… pure genius… ?
For real. It’s way refreshing considering the nonsense DR writes ad nauseam.

Kkibbey23

Reaction score
I’m totally going in on these! I mean come on…
BE2A5985-29A1-4D73-A20C-DCC26CA797E3.jpeg

thewinedown

Reaction score
I WANT it to be true!

This. I could really use some inter-stockist drama. Lol

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been passively recommending Georgios Bottega as a good west coast cobbler alternative. This is my first resole I have received from him. really great work ?

I had him hand stich the dr soles corded to keep the 9-10 stitch per inch original. Turned out great.

1626973021709.jpeg

1626973046392.jpeg

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I’ve been passively recommending Georgios Bottega as a good west coast cobbler alternative. This is my first resole I have received from him. really great work ?

I had him hand stich the dr soles corded to keep the 9-10 stitch per inch original. Turned out great.

View attachment 1642699
View attachment 1642700

Wow, those turned out fantastic!

I’m totally going in on these! I mean come on… View attachment 1642459

It's all fun and games until you're betrayed by the guy who cleans up the outsole trimmings after the Viberg factory closes. :D

(Yes, that was super-fun to read -- both the email and the post.)

If I didn't already have the Midnight Gasfires (which I love) I'd definitely be picking up the Noontime Waterdowns.

Last edited:

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1642699
View attachment 1642700
We also recommend these guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads