• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looked to me like the ALTI20 was just for one day...there was a banner at the top of their site that day promoting that code, but the banner was gone the next day when I checked back.

Makes sense, I was out of town and got back last night. Finally catching up on all the internet forums haha

zachthespook

Reaction score
Wondering if you still have these, and if so how they have worn this last 7-8 months?

Moving to Oahu coupled with hip surgery have resulted in these sitting idle in my closet longing for wear ?. I think I have about 3 total wears so far and nothing significant to report as of yet. The workshoe butt leather is probably the most rigid and strong leather I’ve ever owned on a boot though. Just feels like armor on my feet and the break in is tough.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moving to Oahu coupled with hip surgery have resulted in these sitting idle in my closet longing for wear ?. I think I have about 3 total wears so far and nothing significant to report as of yet. The workshoe butt leather is probably the most rigid and strong leather I’ve ever owned on a boot though. Just feels like armor on my feet and the break in is tough.
Here's a pic of mine after some wear, about 5. Not a fan of the way this particular pair is breaking along the quarters.
E6363B23-1BE0-4B75-BFC8-818EFDF4D5B3.jpeg
4165EEAF-1747-4C09-9AB7-1DA3B96B4262.jpeg

zachthespook

Reaction score

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine after some wear, about 5. Not a fan of the way this particular pair is breaking along the quarters. View attachment 1642344 View attachment 1642345

Thanks for providing that info and the pics!

I have a pair of Canada West CXL Moorby boots that show that same kind of break in that area. I'm OK with it - hope to eventually wear all my boots to the point where they look well-enjoyed and lived in!!! (Now to accomplish that, step one is to stop buying new boots...lol.)

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didnt even bother to read it. Dopke and team are cool, but I just care about specs when looking to make any footwear purchase at this point.

zachthespook

Reaction score
From experience with Doppki it's most likely the latter, but it is business and people's livelihoods after all

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads