• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Understanding that unit-to-unit variation is a thing (especially given the time that's passed since the first tun), it's true they do look quite different in the product photos versus last time. Here's a photo used for the original run:

View attachment 1626598

And today's:

View attachment 1626599
Yup, I expect variation from batch to batch. Still, I would’ve liked to see my grey boots age into a shade of brown.

damn the spi density is discernible from the previous batch - today’s batch from the photos you posted

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
It’s a real chameleon of a leather. My pair can be light grey, dark grey/purplish, dark brown with grey, etc under different light.

Good point, @ryebreadiest. Here's my 1071 Rovescio Sego in different lighting situations:

I know it's a different leather altogether (reverse horsebutt versus calf), but it does show how 1071 is pretty crazy with its chameleoning in different lighting.

Shelterdog

Reaction score
Good point, @ryebreadiest. Here's my 1071 Rovescio Sego in different lighting situations:

I know it's a different leather altogether (reverse horsebutt versus calf), but it does show how 1071 is pretty crazy with its chameleoning in different lighting.

today they are brown. tonight they will be gray and tomorrow maybe blue. Def a unique pair

Trim Man

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing these pics. I've been thinking about grabbing those 1071 Rovescio Sego Roughout Boots for quite a while and I think I may be ready to pull the trigger.

But first, I have also been considering the S&S Black Unicorn Roughout 310s. Does anyone have any awesome pics of them in the wild that might bring me back to my equilibrium of indecisiveness?

(I know they're wildly different boots, but both call to me and I really shouldn't just get both... or should I?)

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
So my color 4 shinkis came in…
8A70270B-C1D5-4B93-B23E-D062F6F17064.jpeg

AC410787-6930-47C0-8BB6-46E819C1BB43.jpeg

DFE1D9C0-95B1-4EF8-8DBE-B426BE5EC8C7.jpeg

D99759FC-F8C5-4956-B554-7D4F45C2745F.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waste of a beautiful leather, there must be zero QC going on at Viberg. That’s two pairs of the same makeup ruined the exact same same way just in this thread.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This brogueing issue is new to me. Anyone see it before?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeez, bad omen for the work shoe butt DRDs? Those have cap toes. I hope they sort this out.
Those are too far out and should be safe (and if there's a brogueing issue and Viberg has to remake several runs of boots we may not see them till 2022 tbh.) I would be wary of the port 1071 restocks and the Shelby Sharps. Especially with how much brogueing is on the Shelby this could be a real disaster. Edit: its a ton of pinking so only the cap toe is at risk woops. But still be careful of all brogued boots made around now I would say.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are too far out and should be safe (and if there's a brogueing issue and Viberg has to remake several runs of boots we may not see them till 2022 tbh.) I would be wary of the port 1071 restocks and the Shelby Sharps. Especially with how much brogueing is on the Shelby this could be a real disaster.
Jason from DR would probably send them back if the brogueing is a disaster.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason from DR would probably send them back if the brogueing is a disaster.
Yeah they probably would. I really think Viberg just needs to do some of the straight cap toes again (not the folded one) for some casual styles and be done with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads