• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone was saying Viberg has used Kudu CXL.
I was just saying I don't know if they did a run of it in the past or not. Viberg's used most of Horween's different tannages by now I believe.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The recent .com pre-order specified work shoe butt dark rubber Dublin. S&S does not indicate work shoe butt in the copy.

Are the leathers different? There is a big price difference.

You will not find horse of any kind on a 310 anymore. Butt or shell. It’s too hard to last - I begged for one more pair for a personal but it’s a hard no.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will not find horse of any kind on a 310 anymore. Butt or shell. It’s too hard to last - I begged for one more pair for a personal but it’s a hard no.
Which is a real shame because my Cuoio 310 HBs are stunners.... I still never found out if Brett managed to finish any of the Moss ones or not.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kudu
Beaver Fur
Mountain Ram
Unicorn
Crazy horse
Dearborn
Bullhide
Camel

Let's just stop using animal names as color/tannage names. Although I guess unicorn is okay.
Camel, at least, is a well established color for men’s clothing (along with a material), although oddly these Viberg “camels” are neither the material nor really the color being too orange and warm IMO. Kudu is a material but not color? Certainly a different approach to naming!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camel, at least, is a well established color for men’s clothing (along with a material), although oddly these Viberg “camels” are neither the material nor really the color being too orange and warm IMO. Kudu is a material but not color? Certainly a different approach to naming!
I just wish they would call every shinki by its # on the chart.
20210616_062152.jpg

Those are Shinki Latigo #7s.
The slippers and 2055 officer boots were #8s.
The .com latigos are #2 and #3.
All the black ones are #10.
Etc.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thewinedown

Reaction score
Yeah kudu...is kudu, AFAIK. Greater Kudu/Antelope.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
live: scout boot and portcalf restock

live

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the unicorn scout, but didn’t think it’d be released along with the restock of the 1071 vitello.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m just noticing the updated product images for the 1071 calf looks somewhat brownish than the usual greyish. I wonder if it’s the lighting.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I’m just noticing the updated product images for the 1071 calf looks somewhat brownish than the usual greyish. I wonder if it’s the lighting.

Understanding that unit-to-unit variation is a thing (especially given the time that's passed since the first tun), it's true they do look quite different in the product photos versus last time. Here's a photo used for the original run:

03_DivisionRoad_Viberg_8ef05846-79c4-46c8-ae0d-b99890340bc1_1024x1024.jpeg

And today's:

05-25-2021ProductsVibergTrickers25879.jpeg

I still marvel at Division Road and their content / presentation -- like how easy they make it to do some kind of comparison here, just with their consistency.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads