• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Division Road confirmed the shelbys are one soon and one later

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the same leather DR used in a recent Officer Boot, correct?

I was very much interested in this Derby until I got to the price, which is higher than that of the DR boots. Does the LH sole account for the price premium?
It seems like Viberg is upcharging for LH soles. They didn't for the DR service boots on LH, but they are for everything since. Based on the slippers I said LH soles are about 50 bucks, if a Shinki Service boot is 830, a Shinki LH being 875 seems to coincide with that. I know from talking to different manufacturers thinking of using LH soles that they would have to upcharge as well for em.

thewinedown

Reaction score
It seems like Viberg is upcharging for LH soles. They didn't for the DR service boots on LH, but they are for everything since. Based on the slippers I said LH soles are about 50 bucks, if a Shinki Service boot is 830, a Shinki LH being 875 seems to coincide with that. I know from talking to different manufacturers thinking of using LH soles that they would have to upcharge as well for em.
I cannot understand how this sole costs any more money than any other sole out there. If anything, it seems like a more inexpensive type of sole to produce. But what do I know?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the WF Derby makeup. Not sure I am going to be there at $875 with so many bangers still to come this year (see the preceding DR discussion).

I waffled on getting the Camel Latigo Shinki Boots from DR until my size sold out. I ended up with the S&S Black Shinki boots instead, which I love. Very different, of course, but I need to be selective with what I add.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
286A993A-BBB4-4096-ADBA-0E65A65547A3.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot understand how this sole costs any more money than any other sole out there. If anything, it seems like a more inexpensive type of sole to produce. But what do I know?
No it genuinely is one of the more expensive soles out there, and it is a really nice sole. Actually looking at the older DR makeups they charged 20$ more for the bone chamois LH over the charcoal chamois LH from last year and they're exactly the same makeup, just a different color. Viberg definitely increased its upcharge as well from last year on it.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd pay it for an MTO!
Same. Getting rid of the anxiety that your size in something could sell out is worth the 300$ upcharge alone, let alone getting to choose most of the specs and then praying to whatever deity you may believe in that Viberg makes them to those specs.....

WatchesCars

Reaction score
I like the 1035 with an unstructured toe but not really feeling the look on a derby with a structured toe

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. Getting rid of the anxiety that your size in something could sell out is worth the 300$ upcharge alone, let alone getting to choose most of the specs and then praying to whatever deity you may believe in that Viberg makes them to those specs.....
What would a shell MTO go for these days? Near 2k?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would a shell MTO go for these days? Near 2k?
No shell MTOs for like years right? Its whatever leathers Guy or Brett allow you to choose from. I believe the last time they had the event it was 1,000

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads