• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what do you think of the Zabri? How does it compare to Stead Suede?
Seems fine to me. Feels thicker and heavier than say suede used in Aldens.
I think it's possible the 'tan' are Stead suede, given that they're labelled 'anise', same as the other pairs marketed as using Janus. The black ones are labelled 'Italian suede'.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's possible the 'tan' are Stead suede, given that they're labelled 'anise', same as the other pairs marketed as using Janus. The black ones are labelled 'Italian suede'.
The brown ones were italian suede too, so I assumed the whole line up was. Anise is a Stead color yeah

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210616_062152.jpg

Speaking of colors. This is the Shinki chart and color 4 is cognac and color 2 is brown. So its a coincedence and not actually a marketting ploy for why the shinkis were #4.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1623863128391.png

**** there's a lot of good stuff. Two Shelby Sharps are the shadowed boots. Two boondockers on commando sole, panda posted below what they are. The Port 1071 nubuck restock and what looks like a tobacco chamois smooth scout on the left.

Last edited:

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1625535
**** there's a lot of good stuff. Two Shelby Sharps are the shadowed boots. Two horsebutt boondockers on commando sole, well the black one may be horsebutt SB 2040 last, but they both look structured toe and 2040 on the right side. The Port 1071 nubuck restock and what looks like a tobacco chamois smooth scout on the left.

they could be 2055. They used 2055 for the last Horsebutt boondocker they did last year

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they could be 2055. They used 2055 for the last Horsebutt boondocker they did last year
Oh yeah that's true. I was mostly focused on the two shelby's in the back. They look like tan and dark brown/black. I'm hoping for dark brown over black personally.

thewinedown

Reaction score
View attachment 1625535
**** there's a lot of good stuff. Two Shelby Sharps are the shadowed boots. Two horsebutt boondockers on commando sole, well the black one may be horsebutt SB 2040 last, but they both look structured toe and 2040 on the right side. The Port 1071 nubuck restock and what looks like a tobacco chamois smooth scout on the left.
Is it me, or does the port vitello seem to have a really short tongue? That’s close to why I’ve been looking for, but DR surely won’t get a 13 in for me.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1625535
Those are too low profile for structured 2040 I think, so either unstructured 2040 or 2055 (either). I hope it's 2040 obviously, those look awesome.

When do these drop?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1625535
The scouts are also ebony unicorn. The black boondockers are shinki Horsebutt and the pair next to it is Olive waxed flesh

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The scouts are also ebony unicorn. The black boondockers are shinki Horsebutt and the pair next to it is Olive waxed flesh
Your eyes are better than mine. Imma blame my old phone's screen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads