• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg is mum on the drops, but is the Rowdy Dachshund horse or cowhide, because I'm pretty sure Horween does both cow and horse for it don't they?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So time saver for the stitchdown podcast, all the interesting stuff is really in the last 10 minutes.

No date on sample sale, but it'll be in person and Brett let slip NY.
Brett has done a few Veldtschoen samples.
They're considering offering Shell Cordovan soles as a premium, and tbh I would pay 75$ to have anything besides dainite anyways.
Essex Horsebutt specially made for Viberg. Brett claims this is the only veg tan HB Horween does, which sounds plausible. He said its an upcoming pre-order, but the bison was supposed to be a preorder and just wound up as stock on the website instead.

Oh side zips were replaced by the herald. Not a lot of other new info there. They may have sold me on the brown comipel halketts though if I'm honest. This is going to be an expensive boot season again for me FML.

alpenglowing

Reaction score
Dang there are a ton of makeups to think about later this year. It took me a while just to scroll through the Stitchsown article. I’m glad to see more horsebutt, more lactae hevea soles on the slippers, and more antique edge finishes. My favorites makeups are:

Maryam mustache horsebutt service boots
Whiskey regency calf oxfords + slippers
Clove regency calf herald side zips

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind explaining what this means?
Cordovan outsoles. Horween doing a special version of cordovan that can be used as an outsole. Brett kind of left a lot unanswered, but if it does happen, it could be really special.

sirphilliam

Reaction score
Really don't like the shift to storm welts on almost every slipper and derby lately, flat welts are just more aesthetically pleasing in those for me. It's not like you need flood protection on a summer loafer...

Stylistically I like the flat welt better too, but I have a theory that the full welt actually helps maintain the slipper structure. I've had both versions of the flat welt slipper and the full welt slipper, and I found that the full welt has less leather stretching/spilling out because the welt is sort of a support to prevent it flattening out. The flat welt fit is way worse because of the suede stretching and spilling out all over. This is just a theory though because I think Viberg did update the slipper heel to be abit higher up.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind explaining what this means?
Old Wolverine work boots offered it

FB645191-9BAF-4231-9FB7-7096DBE28324.jpeg

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg's storm welts don't have a side stitch at all.
They’re technically Barbour and not Storm/Split Reverse welt.

the welt has a ridge built into it.

thewinedown

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but not a single one of these gets me going. The flint halkett seems okay, but nothing to get me that pumped. And I’m not holding out any hope for stockist make ups this year either.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but not a single one of these gets me going. The flint halkett seems okay, but nothing to get me that pumped. And I’m not holding out any hope for stockist make ups this year either.
I believe Ealdwine will get their SMUs this year along with the seasonal stuff they are going to have as well. There's a few non-shell preorders allegedly as well including hopefully that Essex Horween Horsebutt which might be a one off and I think if the makeup is decent I may go in on that. I know LostFound has already submitted a bunch of orders and the only thing that didn't go through was the 145 oxford they wanted a restock on (no kidding). S&S has the 2040 teacore shinkis possibly this Friday and I believe they're going to do a few more SMUs. We know the potentially last shelby is this year and DR has plans for SMU halketts as well, but those may be next year. Miloh shop will hopefully get more stuff as well too. The sleepers are going to be if the EU and Benny's Store get any of their SMUs in. Viberg has limited the options, but not stopped SMUs. They just were taking much much longer to approve them earlier in the year.

thewinedown

Reaction score
I believe Ealdwine will get their SMUs this year along with the seasonal stuff they are going to have as well. There's a few non-shell preorders allegedly as well including hopefully that Essex Horween Horsebutt which might be a one off and I think if the makeup is decent I may go in on that. I know LostFound has already submitted a bunch of orders and the only thing that didn't go through was the 145 oxford they wanted a restock on (no kidding). S&S has the 2040 teacore shinkis possibly this Friday and I believe they're going to do a few more SMUs. We know the potentially last shelby is this year and DR has plans for SMU halketts as well, but those may be next year. Miloh shop will hopefully get more stuff as well too. The sleepers are going to be if the EU and Benny's Store get any of their SMUs in. Viberg has limited the options, but not stopped SMUs. They just were taking much much longer to approve them earlier in the year.
True true, fair enough. But none of them ever get 13s in on these orders so I pretty much write them off from the get go. I might do a Flame Panda PCT order this year instead. I just can’t for the life of me come up with the leather I want to do. Snuff maybe, or some 1071/grey horsebutty leather. I honestly don’t know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics