• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly the best part about DR. You can feel some type of way about the boot you buy but their packaging makes you appreciate them
I get that. I purchased a valstarino and flight jacket from Mr. Porter and Private White and the packaging was pretty bad from both. They pretty much just dump the jackets in there.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Port horsebutt

2021-05-14 19.47.37.jpg

JohnL1972

Reaction score
Not a ton of out the box character you see sometimes with Toscanello. Very reminiscent of the bourbon pair from Miloh a while back.

View attachment 1610004 View attachment 1610003 View attachment 1610005 View attachment 1610006 View attachment 1610007 View attachment 1610008
Awesome boot. I didn’t pull the trigger on these because I thought the color was too similar to my Miloh Shop Bourbon Horsebutt 1035s. That said, my Bourbon HBs may be my favorite pair of boots. Really had to restrain myself to pass on these as I just love the color and overall look.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome boot. I didn’t pull the trigger on these because I thought the color was too similar to my Miloh Shop Bourbon Horsebutt 1035s. That said, my Bourbon HBs may be my favorite pair of boots. Really had to restrain myself to pass on these as I just love the color and overall look.
They are close. I'll do a side by side tomorrow ??

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are close. I'll do a side by side tomorrow ??
Very much interested in seeing the comparison. Was the Miloh Shop boot unlined as well?

Google flags Miloh Shop as permanently closed. Is that accurate? Or maybe they closed the retail shop, but still operate on-line?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very much interested in seeing the comparison. Was the Miloh Shop boot unlined as well?

Google flags Miloh Shop as permanently closed. Is that accurate? Or maybe they closed the retail shop, but still operate on-line?
Physical store is closed. E-commerce is still operating.

JohnL1972

Reaction score
I love the DR Port HB makeup. What doesn’t show through in photos is the depth of color. They appear a darker shade of brown indoors and in cloudy weather, but when under the light a golden brown/tan color comes through. I have a pair and I am excited to see how this leather evolves and develops with age

bunbut

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question about boots last. The Viberg 310 last vs Truman boots 20 last: Are they very similar? the Viberg toes are more sprung than Truman? Viberg toes box height is higher than Truman?

Thank you very much for helping.

adrs1157

Reaction score
I love the DR Port HB makeup. What doesn’t show through in photos is the depth of color. They appear a darker shade of brown indoors and in cloudy weather, but when under the light a golden brown/tan color comes through. I have a pair and I am excited to see how this leather evolves and develops with age
Same dude. Same. It's far and away the most interesting leather in my collection. I'm going to be taking pictures and comparing them over the years.

2021-05-09 00.26.36.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics