• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm I think it’s just the same washed horsehide but that cut just doesn’t have the striations. Viberg has used tan and burgundy washed horsehide before that looks similar.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm I think it’s just the same washed horsehide but that cut just doesn’t have the striations. Viberg has used tan and burgundy washed horsehide before that looks similar.
That could be too. I just want a dang horsehide halkett. I got confirmation there will be some, but no real ETAs for em. I bet that we'll get a halkett as the wildcard for this month's shell release though as we had the bastion for the natty run.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Does anyone have the bitter chocolate halkett and can comment on sizing and fit of the 2030D compared to the 2030E? I really want a pair but the D width is telling me no.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the bitter chocolate halkett and can comment on sizing and fit of the 2030D compared to the 2030E? I really want a pair but the D width is telling me no.
Oh that does say 2030D. That's gotta be a typo, I don't think Vibergs doing any non preorders for variable widths yet. It should be 2020D and the silhouette of it matches the other 2020 halketts. The only 2030 halkett is the eco veg fallow one and its 2030E and you can see that one has a less pointy toe box unlike the other

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Oh that does say 2030D. That's gotta be a typo, I don't think Vibergs doing any non preorders for variable widths yet. It should be 2020D and the silhouette of it matches the other 2020 halketts. The only 2030 halkett is the eco veg fallow one and its 2030E and you can see that one has a less pointy toe box unlike the other
thanks for clarifying that ??

adrs1157

Reaction score
This Maryam port horsebutt is the stuff of dreams. The grain and creasing is so gorgeous. Anyone have this leather more aged? Mine is 6 months old.

20210509_002636.jpg

20210509_002533.jpg

wanderlust2000

Reaction score
Just for curiosity sake...y'all have some serious collections of vibergs from diff leathers/tanneries. Which one is your all time fave boot in terms of patina in your collection? Is it veg tanned or chrome/veg combo tanned?
I started to collect boots at a pretty fast pace and I have no idea how they'll all patina. Lmk what ur thoughts are !

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just for curiosity sake...y'all have some serious collections of vibergs from diff leathers/tanneries. Which one is your all time fave boot in terms of patina in your collection? Is it veg tanned or chrome/veg combo tanned?
I started to collect boots at a pretty fast pace and I have no idea how they'll all patina. Lmk what ur thoughts are !
Generally speaking Veg tans age more than a chrome tan, but there are so many factors involved. Your personal use, pigment vs aniline dye, the starting color, fat/oil/wax content, etc. will all play a role. A natty cxl berg is always a safe hot ticket to patina eden. If they ever run unglazed natty shell again then you have your first class warp speed ticket on offer too.

A lighter color veg tan with aniline dye is always going to exceedingly well in the patina realm, but you have to wear it. Those of us with larger collections tend to miss out on the best of patina as we have too many pairs in rotation.

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Patina takes many forms! I like natural veg tan for the way it darkens over time, and I like the way waxed flesh shows all its knocks and scrapes. A well worn pair of rough-outs or suedes with lots of indigo crocking can look cool too, and CXL can look good provided it's worn fairly hard and people don't make the mistake of over conditioning it.

Ultimately, all patina that's been earned through use looks good to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads