• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use a tighter heel fit on the 2040.

I think I need to try the 2020. “D” width boots should be a better fit. The “”E” and beyond give me too much room - doable but not ideal.

Has anyone received a “D” width 2030 yet? Have they been made?
First batch is the 2030 calvados shell run from December right? I don't think the Scuffed 8 shell run had variable widths. They need to do the tumbled and plated October run as well as the Scuffed 8 November ones first. So probably 2 more months and thats if anyone ordered a non-standard width of the calvados in the first place.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am a US “D” width and generally an easy fit in standard dress shoes like Carmina and others that are discussed on SF.

I have tried going down a full size in the 1035/2030, but the boots end up being a bit short and my foot placement (flex point) is off. I am definitely better off with a half size down, but perhaps with a little less width or overall fullness. That is why I am thinking the 2020 may suit me better.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you a very narrow width? I feel 2030 1 size down should work for most in E unless your width is a very low C. Most people only going 0.5 a size down should really be going 1 down if the width is too much
Need a thumbs down reaction.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a US “D” width and generally an easy fit in standard dress shoes like Carmina and others that are discussed on SF.

I have tried going down a full size in the 1035/2030, but the boots end up being a bit short and my foot placement (flex point) is off. I am definitely better off with a half size down, but perhaps with a little less width or overall fullness. That is why I am thinking the 2020 may suit me better.
Do you know your heel to ball brannock? You need a proper device to measure it, and its a more accurate count than your heel to toe you can get off a printed sheet.

WatchesCars

Reaction score
Need a thumbs down reaction.

Why's that? I am trying to assist. I think alot of people size up with viberg to gain more width even if the length is better with the lower size, which isn't a great solution. Obviously this doesn't hold true for everyone but length wise I believe 1 size down works best for the majority of people across the viberg boot lasts, assuming your width is in the average spectrum. Obviously with very narrow feet you may feel the need to go down 1.5 or with wider feet only down 0.5. Hopefully going forward though, with the different widths offered most people can size for length now and choose their personal width

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why's that? I am trying to assist. I think alot of people size up with viberg to gain more width even if the length is better with the lower size, which isn't a great solution. Obviously this doesn't hold true for everyone but length wise I believe 1 size down works best for the majority of people across the viberg boot lasts, assuming your width is in the average spectrum. Obviously with very narrow feet you may feel the need to go down 1.5 or with wider feet only down 0.5. Hopefully going forward though, with the different widths offered most people can size for length now and choose their personal width
All good. Some people go down a size; others, a half. The generic advice on many sites, such as S&S, is to go down a full size.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you know your heel to ball brannock? You need a proper device to measure it, and its a more accurate count than your heel to toe you can get off a printed sheet.
I have not had my foot measured in years. I would have to go back to the days when we bought shoes in stores and the salesperson measured your feet before bringing out the boxes. I miss those days.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not had my foot measured in years. I would have to go back to the days when we bought shoes in stores and the salesperson measured your feet before bringing out the boxes. I miss those days.
There could be any number of factors that make a last or lasts not work out honestly. Is your flex point behind the widest part of a 2030 or infront of it?

CMT1

Reaction score
Last night's color #2 slippers. We went out to eat for the first time in a year and I wore something besides denim for the first time in what seems like forever.

CQNk1og.jpg

5CTG8Fw.jpg

Really looking forward to getting these out more.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, as always!

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally agree that you shouldn't choose a length to accommodate volume. But why are you assuming that someone going down only 0.5 is doing it because of volume? It may be that 1 down is the best length for most people, but not all. Especially if we mean heel to toe length when we say length. Foot shape is variable.

I size down 0.5 from my heel to toe length now after having tried 1 down before (1035). Like @bry2000, the arch length was too short. Half down (which happens to be a full size down from my arch length) is perfect. Also, my feet are on the narrow side and 2020 works great.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally agree that you shouldn't choose a length to accommodate volume. But why are you assuming that someone going down only 0.5 is doing it because of volume? It may be that 1 down is the best length for most people, but not all. Especially if we mean heel to toe length when we say length. Foot shape is variable.

I size down 0.5 from my heel to toe length now after having tried 1 down before (1035). Like @bry2000, the arch length was too short. Half down (which happens to be a full size down from my arch length) is perfect. Also, my feet are on the narrow side and 2020 works great.

I size a half down too. Full size would be too far forward ahead of the natural flex of the boot.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night's color #2 slippers. We went out to eat for the first time in a year and I wore something besides denim for the first time in what seems like forever.

CQNk1og.jpg

5CTG8Fw.jpg

Really looking forward to getting these out more.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, as always!
Those look really good - more than I would likely pay but they pop.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I'm the same Brannock size heel-to-ball and heel-to-toe (both feet), and I'm definitely a one-size-down-from-Brannock fit on all Viberg lasts I've tried so far (2030, 2045, 1035, 2055).

My wife's left foot has a heel-to-ball that's half-size bigger than heel-to-toe, and a right foot that's probably more like 3/4-size bigger heel-to-ball than heel-to-toe. If properly fitted for Viberg's, I'd guess her Viberg size to perhaps be half-down from Brannock.

It's so tough to generalize with feet. I think Division Road says generally full-size down, and some will be half. Sounds about right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads