• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WatchesCars

Reaction score
I dont know exactly what brooklyn clothing is releasing next week but yesterday on their website, if you went to the viberg section there was a "Brown Waxed Flesh Scout Boot" listed with no images. Disappeared today.

thewinedown

Reaction score
2040 is arguably best last depending on your instep. Also someone please buy the 8.5 toscanellos from DR please. I'm literally putting away all my boots for the summer and shouldn't add a pair just to sit in a box for 4 months.
You should buy that. (I’ll never stop!)

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re still thinking about it then you must want them.
Of course I want them, its unstructured and unlined HB on ridgeway in a decent colorway. I need to make purchases that I can wear to the office, I am going back to the office, at some point, and I cannot wear 2040 HB with a suit and tie very well....

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course I want them, its unstructured and unlined HB on ridgeway in a decent colorway. I need to make purchases that I can wear to the office, I am going back to the office, at some point, and I cannot wear 2040 HB with a suit and tie very well....
That’s what the weekend is for.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That’s what the weekend is for.

But I'm gonna do the S&S black 2040s. I physically don't have space for all these boots at this point. I've got a parkhurst boot and shoe coming, meermin shell boot, renav shell shoe, ealdwine osteroy indy, and honestly I am probably forgetting something else coming as well. I need to buy shelves. That's what I need to buy, or move to a larger space to accommodate all these pairs.

thewinedown

Reaction score
But I'm gonna do the S&S black 2040s. I physically don't have space for all these boots at this point. I've got a parkhurst boot and shoe coming, meermin shell boot, renav shell shoe, ealdwine osteroy indy, and honestly I am probably forgetting something else coming as well. I need to buy shelves. That's what I need to buy, or move to a larger space to accommodate all these pairs.
I thought you were done with black boots? They are HBs though, so I get it…

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. If Viberg released a stitchdown derby/Halkett in a dark color and matching stitching on 2020, I would be in.

It could happen!!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you were done with black boots? They are HBs though, so I get it…
These are the last black boots and I've been planning on them for a while. I think the only black boot I would buy after this point would be a triple black rerun, but I don't foresee that happening.
Same. If Viberg released a stitchdown derby/Halkett in a dark color and matching stitching on 2020, I would be in.

It could happen!!
We are getting more halketts, the pattern is here to stay. I think you'll be waiting on stitchdown for a while unless we can convince a stockist to do a run, say vitello/1071 horsebutt, unstructured and unlined, all eyelets, tonal stitching, and brown ridgeway? Oh I do want a cap toe on it though, I actually like the folded captoe on the 2020 last.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the last black boots and I've been planning on them for a while. I think the only black boot I would buy after this point would be a triple black rerun, but I don't foresee that happening.

We are getting more halketts, the pattern is here to stay. I think you'll be waiting on stitchdown for a while unless we can convince a stockist to do a run, say vitello/1071 horsebutt, unstructured and unlined, all eyelets, tonal stitching, and brown ridgeway? Oh I do want a cap toe on it though, I actually like the folded captoe on the 2020 last.
You're not gonna see an unlined Halkett. Also, I love an unstructured toe but not for an office boot.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not gonna see an unlined Halkett. Also, I love an unstructured toe but not for an office boot.
Partially structured and partially lined?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads