• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda noob question, but how can you tell those are lined? Where they supposed to be unlined?
The top of the opening/collar
1620432827091.png

is lined

and

is the collar of unlined (though partially lined in this case)
1620432875098.png

there's no stitching marking the fold over when its lined.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could we be seeing the start of a 2040ssance?

Also, to reverse-DR for a sec: those experiencing instep tightness in 2040, what size are you taking relative to a) Brannock and b) 2030 size? If you take a full size down or more for 2030, I suggest trying a half size up from that.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
2040 is arguably best last depending on your instep. Also someone please buy the 8.5 toscanellos from DR please. I'm literally putting away all my boots for the summer and shouldn't add a pair just to sit in a box for 4 months.
Made for high or low instep... ?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made for high or low instep... ?
They'd be made for a slightly lower than average instep possibly, I don't have a low instep, and actually have a bit of extra volume infront of the instep/at the waist and they work fine for me. I think they are my most comfortable viberg last after some breaking in.

Aren't we both 8.5?

Hi my name is Crizzle and you should buy those :)

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
They'd be made for a slightly lower than average instep possibly, I don't have a low instep, and actually have a bit of extra volume infront of the instep/at the waist and they work fine for me. I think they are my most comfortable viberg last after some breaking in.

Aren't we both 8.5?

Hi my name is Crizzle and you should buy those :)

lol honestly whenever I see something drop I always think “is crizzle gonna cop?” Lol

and when it sells, I assume you did cop?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, to reverse-DR for a sec: those experiencing instep tightness in 2040, what size are you taking relative to a) Brannock and b) 2030 size? If you take a full size down or more for 2030, I suggest trying a half size up from that.

10 brannock took a half size down. I’ll give it another try tomorrow

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol honestly whenever I see something drop I always think “is crizzle gonna cop?” Lol

and when it sells, I assume you did cop?
Hahaha, I am seriously thinking about it, but I'm also putting all my boots away for the summer so it doesn't feel right to buy something. I'm currently waiting for a HB Halkett and probably the final DR shelby if it does happen.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hahaha, I am seriously thinking about it, but I'm also putting all my boots away for the summer so it doesn't feel right to buy something. I'm currently waiting for a HB Halkett and probably the final DR shelby if it does happen.
What leather will the final DR Shelby be if it is made?

nareichert

Reaction score

Black Shinki HB 2040 hitting S&S end of next week.?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics