• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

InternetTears

Reaction score
A cobbler should be able to source your brass eyelets in the sizes Viberg uses anyways. The soles are all branded, but I think the Viberg LH soles may actually be from the lactae hevae Vietnamese factory, one of the cordwainers in the GYW subreddit actually sourced the exact same ones from there. They have no proprietary soles come to think of it. I think a lot of people did go to Pekin and the like for customization as a direct result of Viberg being unwilling to do stuff like that by and large.
I’ve seen brass eyelets that look like someone’s dehydrated piss and I refuse to chance it when I’m modifying a shell boot. The Viberg factory ones always look better than cobbler eyelets at least for me so I want the original.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
We've got 4 seasons here, 6 if you count false spring and second winter, but we get up to the mid-90's and humid. I'll still wear boots. Darn Tough or Smartwool socks and all is well. I've always done this though. NC in the summer? Boots. I was in Alabama last summer, boots. Not sure there's anywhere I'd travel where I'd not wear pants and boots.

OxpZMOU.png

One day earlier…

C6bRpft.png

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen brass eyelets that look like someone’s dehydrated piss and I refuse to chance it when I’m modifying a shell boot. The Viberg factory ones always look better than cobbler eyelets at least for me so I want the original.

Viberg wouldn’t change them if you sent them in?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably could ask to see what shade of brass it is. I would trust Pekin, Bedos, Brian, etc. any of the more known mail-in cobblers to be able to source what you're looking for. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Bedos actually forged you brass eyelets out of any alloy of your choosing, just so he could say "hammer time" while striking the metal.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do people live where they can't wear boots year round? I get it though, it would be better for a late summer release.
I live in nor cal where the summers are over 100 many days. Boots arnt really a comfortable all day option at that point.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the new halkett boot

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hatchgrain Shell

I really considered the carmina color 8 hatchgrain they were just doing (might still be doing). Embossed shell is definitely on my short list.

Leiker

Reaction score
I also wear boots year-round and it's pretty much summer year-round here in southern California. The only place I've been to that I probably wouldn't wear boots year-round as often is New Orleans, I could be barefoot and still have sweaty ass feet even if I dust them with arm n hammer.
I split my time between New Orleans and Baton Rouge; can confirm.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I also wear boots year-round and it's pretty much summer year-round here in southern California. The only place I've been to that I probably wouldn't wear boots year-round as often is New Orleans, I could be barefoot and still have sweaty ass feet even if I dust them with arm n hammer.

I'm fortunate with the feet, as they don't sweat that much in any temperature. Do you wear merino socks? I find them at least as beneficial (for their moisture wicking ability) during our hot summer as I do for their warmth in the winter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads