• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of polished black “officer” or “Naval” boot.
Agreed. The Dayton version ("parade boot") was one of my early pairs:
20171224DSC04811.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So why is the olive Latigo slipper 700 bones again? Don’t get it.

Slippers start at $520
Shinki leathers are $80 extra
So Lactae Hevae soles must be 120$ obviously.

The DR lactae hevae soled SBs are actually a steal!

Goliath123

Reaction score
I know im late but a few pages back someone said ridgeway is only available in bulk. I hate to be that guy but don't spread false information. Im a cobbler myself and anyone can order a pair here https://www.leatherandgrindery.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=ridgeway&description=true As can anybody

Any cobbler that also says they cant get ridgeway isn't trying hard enough. The above stockist is one of the worlds biggest, so either they haven't heard of it or they live under a rock. Anyone else ever need sole stock website help hit me up

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Hopefully now that they are doing a refined collection they'll stop doing non gusset tongues on the service boots.

Also I hope they start to nail down the lasting over at viberg.. some of my more recent purchases on 2030 have been all over the place in terms of spacing and instep volume. Along with the increase of internal length... it seems more and more of a huge gamble to purchase a pair. Not to mention the rising prices of the make ups.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully now that they are doing a refined collection they'll stop doing non gusset tongues on the service boots.

Also I hope they start to nail down the lasting over at viberg.. some of my more recent purchases on 2030 have been all over the place in terms of spacing and instep volume. Along with the increase of internal length... it seems more and more of a huge gamble to purchase a pair. Not to mention the rising prices of the make ups.
Yeah my early 2020 pair fits differently than my late 2020 pair which again fits differently than my early 2021 pair of 2030 last. I think that's more them doing a new build and not getting it right the first time, especially with the toe puffs.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow man, relax the tone a little. No one is intentionally sharing bad information. Viberg indicated that they are only available in bulk. The website I went to only sold in bulk. And my cobbler also indicated that the people he reached out to would only sell in higher quantities. Nothing wrong with being smarter than everyone else but would a little humility kill ya?

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Yeah my early 2020 pair fits differently than my late 2020 pair which again fits differently than my early 2021 pair of 2030 last. I think that's more them doing a new build and not getting it right the first time, especially with the toe puffs.
I don't think its toe puff specific. Things I have noticed are weird fitting looser heel counters, tighter insteps ( only on the right side boots). The increase in length was def done to increase fit for people that had previously found the almond toe narrow, but to also fix the small toe cap issue/ and fix proportions.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think its toe puff specific. Things I have noticed are weird fitting looser heel counters, tighter insteps ( only on the right side boots). The increase in length was def done to increase fit for people that had previously found the almond toe narrow, but to also fix the small toe cap issue/ and fix proportions.
I have two pairs that are tighter on the right, one tighter on the left, and two that are pretty much the same.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads