• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Didn't think of asking for pictures.
If it's day one of a drop or a preorder, they may not get to it or do it, but other people have gotten pics of general stock pretty easily if they aren't too busy.

nareichert

Reaction score

Did anyone buy these? Wondering what they look like in real life...

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Did anyone buy these? Wondering what they look like in real life...

Would love to try a Viberg Chelsea - the only thing stopping me is I'm rather 2050 scared due to having solidly E width feet.

zachthespook

Reaction score
Would love to try a Viberg Chelsea - the only thing stopping me is I'm rather 2050 scared due to having solidly E width feet.

I’m with ya on the width (I sized up on my only Viberg Chelsea and it doesn’t fit great)... and the fact that DR’s cheapest shipping to Hawaii is $60 ??

Last edited:

Sschaffer24

Reaction score
Does anyone have the 2055 boots from S&S? Do they fit just like the 2045?

The most recent Shelby Sharp on the 2055 (olive shinki) from DR supposedly fits more like the 2030/1035 (ie, half size down) vs the DR 2055 natty horsebutt boondocker from last Spring, which is supposed to fit like the 2045 (full size down).

I would jump on one of the S&S models, but final sale and don't want a sizing mistake.

I can tell you from personal experience (I own both the Olive Shinki and Natural Horsebutt Boondockers you mentioned) that they do indeed fit differently. My Shinki's are 9 and Boondockers are 8.5. I was suggested to size this way by DR and am happy I did. Fit is very similar between the two boots at the different sizing, with the Shinki's feeling slightly larger on foot (there are obviously considerable differences in the makeup that would contribute to this).

Hope that helps!

Sschaffer24

Reaction score

Viberg Chelsea's are some of my favorite boots I own, and would heavily recommend giving them a try. I know the last is difficult to size for though. For myself I took the same size as 2030 and these work perfect. I would say my feet are also solidly an E with. YMMV though!

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience (I own both the Olive Shinki and Natural Horsebutt Boondockers you mentioned) that they do indeed fit differently. My Shinki's are 9 and Boondockers are 8.5. I was suggested to size this way by DR and am happy I did. Fit is very similar between the two boots at the different sizing, with the Shinki's feeling slightly larger on foot (there are obviously considerable differences in the makeup that would contribute to this).

Hope that helps!
That is helpful. Is your 2030/1035 size 9?

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
That is helpful. Is your 2030/1035 size 9?

I also have the S&S in a 2055. My personal recommendation is the same size as 2030/1035. The 2055 has a narrow arch and also a low profile, which can press on the tops of your big toes even if all else is ok.

vlps

Reaction score
some new viberg sneakers and slides if you go to the footwear > new arrivals tab on viberg.com

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some new viberg sneakers and slides if you go to the footwear > new arrivals tab on viberg.com

Also looks like they’ll resole the sneakers and slip ons. I think that’s the first time they mentioned they’re willing to resole the cemented/side stitched constructed shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads